FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Adopting While Pregnant?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TTCyears
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Bashful
    NPR: Vacation, congrats on having a complete family! I have a FET (2 eSETs) ahead of me and expect to accept the outcome with more grace than less. I am inspired by your siggy statement.
    Sharon, TTC 31-43, now 45, DH 48

TTC#1
    2003 NTNP BFNs
    2004-2009 (5w5d - 11w4d; cp - ep)
    2010-2011 Foster , IVF-ICSI-PGS, FET#1-eSET, DD

TTC#2
    2012 NTNP BFNs
    2013 FET#2-eSET, DS

TTC#3
    2014 NTNP BFNs
    2015 FET#3-SET (cp- mmc- ep!) long early pg loss (16w2d)

Journey is complete.

2. Advertisement

Jad
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Update: Still pregnant and not adopting (for now). The expecant mom is the most easy-going, understanding person imaginable. After I told her I was pregnant with identical twins, she offered to wait to see what happens with the pregnancy before searching for another family. I was pretty much through the first trimester before she started to make other plans. I don't know specifically what her plan is now, but it sounds like she has it sorted out. We are still in touch and I'm very happy for her as she seems to be in a good place in life (much better than 4 months ago!). She is due this month. It is so interesting to think that I could have been a mom so soon. With TWO more girls on the way, I don't think DH and I could have handled it! I imagine triplet babies would have been difficult... but 3 teenage girls?! OK, I'm getting way ahead of myself now....

I'm nearly 16 weeks. Wish I were much further and am anxious to get over the 21 week hump (when I lost my son) and then the 24 and 28 week goals. I had a surgery to place a transabdominal cerclage at the very top of my cervix. It was terrifying to have a major abdominal surgery while 11 weeks pregnant, but it seems to have worked out pretty well. They are doing great so far.
    Me-37 DH-35 (endo, MF, IC)
    TTC 6 years
    IVF #1: July 2010 BFP! Jude born 12/3/2010 at 21 weeks.
    FET #1: May 2011 chemical
    IVF #2: July 2011 chemical
    FET #2: July 2012 BFP id girls Mary and Rose born 12/30/2012 at 27 wks.

TTCyears
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Bashful
    Jad, thanks for the update. I am glad the bio mom took it relatively in stride --- she is caring well for her babe that way. I am glad your babes are doing well! FX, FX for a relatively long pg and healthy babes!
    Sharon, TTC 31-43, now 45, DH 48

TTC#1
    2003 NTNP BFNs
    2004-2009 (5w5d - 11w4d; cp - ep)
    2010-2011 Foster , IVF-ICSI-PGS, FET#1-eSET, DD

TTC#2
    2012 NTNP BFNs
    2013 FET#2-eSET, DS

TTC#3
    2014 NTNP BFNs
    2015 FET#3-SET (cp- mmc- ep!) long early pg loss (16w2d)

Journey is complete.

KittyGal
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the social worker said it was ok......then I would feel confident about moving forward. I think it would be great for the 2 of them to grow up together.

Good luck to you..

vacationqueen
    is finished ttc.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    In Love
    Jad-I am so happy to hear things are going well for you. You have been in my thoughts and I'm glad you posted an update. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!

Ttc-Thanks! It took us almost 9 yrs to have our LO and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't feel blessed. The first month after the last transfer was disappointing but I am at peace and I'm looking forward to celebrating my son's milestones. I see from your sig that you have also had a tough journey and I wish you all of the best!
    Me(38) DH(49)
    TTC for over 8 years

3 failed IUIs and 3 failed IVFs
    IVF-4/11--->BFP! (b. 12/11)
    July FET-Chemical
    Our family is complete!
    Likes Jad liked this post

Jad
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Birthmom had her baby. I cried my eyes out when I saw the pictures on facebook. I'm not sure I can explain or really even understand why. I know that we couldn't have adopted her baby. I don't think I cried because I was sad, but more because I am so touched by the decision that she made. I know that another family is so happily blessed right now. It really touched me. Also, I guess I was a bit overwhelmed thinking about how much our lives could have changed 5 days ago.

Everything is going perfectly well with my twins. I had my anatomy scan and there was nothing wrong! It was such a surprise to me because with our first pregnancy, each monitoring ultrasound brought new surprises. I just can't believe that this pregnancy is going as well as it is. My cervix is holding up brilliantly after my transabdominal cerclage. I'm 18.5 weeks and feeling hopeful.
    Me-37 DH-35 (endo, MF, IC)
    TTC 6 years
    IVF #1: July 2010 BFP! Jude born 12/3/2010 at 21 weeks.
    FET #1: May 2011 chemical
    IVF #2: July 2011 chemical
    FET #2: July 2012 BFP id girls Mary and Rose born 12/30/2012 at 27 wks.
    Likes waiting in MT liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12