FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Funk

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    shannij
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Funk

Does anyone ever get in a 'funk'? I am in one and have been in one for the past week or so. Just can't be bothered doing anything. Its not like we don't get out I had a nice weekend but I get sooooooooooo bored staying home especially when the weather is so cold. Anyway I am sure that I am not the only one. I would not class it as depressed its just BORED. I have signed up to meet up with our local mothers group so that should give me something to do. Its not like I have nothing to do either I just don't want to do that stuff Sometimes I feel like I never accomplish anything. I got my christmas cards ordered and half mailed already and that felt good. I love ds beyond words but I think I need to do something for me.
    thanks for letting me let this out....
    me 40 dh 39
    tubal dx - 3 ectopics, '98 ivf#1 BFN- exdh,
    IVF 2004 - 24PN embryos all frozen(out of whack hormones)
    FET#1 BFN '04 - tube removed
    FET #2 BFP 10/06/05 Landon Scott
    FET#3 10/06 BFN
    FET#4 BFP 10/07/07 Harrison William
    FET#5 BFP 09/28/09 Brennan Rhys
    final FET#6 - will transfer 2 day 6 blasts (thawed and refrozen '09) Oct 2010 -

2. Advertisement

flagirl
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Uh yeah! Me too. And I do work out of the house from 6AM to noon. I feel like everyday is the same day over and over! I get down too cause Dh and I work crazy hours and don't get to see each other till late at night. Even though I am just at home from 12:30 on.....believe it or not I STILL get cabin fever! THe winters up North are so hard for me. I love being outside and doing things. I hate it being so cold that going anywhere isn't very fun and you can't take the kids to play outside. No you are not alone!
    Tina

Two precious girls -
    Anna (4/25/03) and Natalie (12/10/05).

shannij
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flagirl
    I feel like everyday is the same day over and over!
    Yes it occured to me the other day I do the same thing over and over again ALL day. Cleaning of the highchair was what made me think this.
    me 40 dh 39
    tubal dx - 3 ectopics, '98 ivf#1 BFN- exdh,
    IVF 2004 - 24PN embryos all frozen(out of whack hormones)
    FET#1 BFN '04 - tube removed
    FET #2 BFP 10/06/05 Landon Scott
    FET#3 10/06 BFN
    FET#4 BFP 10/07/07 Harrison William
    FET#5 BFP 09/28/09 Brennan Rhys
    final FET#6 - will transfer 2 day 6 blasts (thawed and refrozen '09) Oct 2010 -

vmk15
    is trying to get motivated
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Busy
    Funny you should post this. I was just driving home from the mall today thinking the same thing boy am I in a funk. My mom's group has slowed down a bit I guess everyone is busy with the holidays. Now being 38 weeks pg I am very uncomfortable so my outings are short. DH and I have not been getting along too well so I do feel kind of lonely. We moved away from family last january so this year we won't be going home for Christmas which I am really sad about.

I really should not be in this funk because we will have a new baby girl by the 12th in one week! It is an exciting time. I guess that is making me nervous too. With the weather getting colder and with a newborn and toddler I know I will feel isolated for a little bit. I don't want to take her out to public places until one month shots.

I do have to laugh about the highchair. One could go postal with the monotny of constantly feeding and cleaning. Everytime I turn around it is a mess again. I also feel the same way with laundry.
    Veronica

Brian - 10/05
    I am 5 years old!

Sarah - 12/06
    I am 4 years old!

They keep me on my toes and make me smile.

jillgalindo
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Bored
    I do the same thing everyday get up, get ready, get Zoey ready, drop her off at the babysitter, go to work, pick up Zoey, feed her, playtime, bath her, put her to bed, pick up the house. Every stinkin day! I was thinking that last week that I have such a boring life. Now on the weekends that's a different story I get up get ready, Zoey gets up and I get her ready and most of the time we are out the door about 9 or 10am and I try to stay out all day and just do things. I hate sitting home but once in awhile it's nice.
    me 33 mommy to Zoey 4 years old
    TTC #1 02/01
    It's a girl Zoey Lee-Ann born 12/13/05 1:29am 6lbs8ozs

dee32
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    First off vmk15 I wish you a very easy delivery and congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I work 4 9 hour days and I am in such a funk and I get out everyday but it's the same thing over and over again. I think it's the winter and being stuck in. Before dd I loved the winter and everything about it but now since dd is only 14 I am a little bit more limited in what we can do and can't be out as much because of the cold. In fact we ordered her the Pelican baby sled so we can be out after a snow for a little bit having fun. Anyways, I honestly think when I get like this I do need to do something just for me away from the house and away from dd and it seems to recharge me and I'm not talking 15 or 20 minutes. I mean a pedicure and dinner with some friends with no time schedule that I have to stick to. Every once in a while I get one of those times and I am totally recharged for a little bit.
    Me 36 DH 40
    One Beautiful Baby Girl Born 10/4/05!!!! Melanie Anna

Blondie8
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I share your funk with you. With me right now, it's not so much the monotony but the sense that I have so much to do and am not getting enough done. I never get enough done, either my "output" is dramatically reduced or I've become much more slothlike. I don't get enough sleep either.

My hair looks awful, I haven't exercised for ages and I often feel guilt that I don't have enough fun time with DS. I tend to being something with him (preparing a meal, etc.) whereas DH gives him all his attention. I know that the only one that can sort this all out and rebalance things. As my close friend told me "if you don't take proper care of yourself, you can't take care of others." Good advice and I really need to take it. to everyone
    “Children don’t belong to us. They are litle strangers who arrive in our lives and give us the pleasure and duty of caring for them–but we don’t own them. We help them become who they are.” Gloria Steinem

ReneeZA
    is South African
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Hi

Yep I am in a funk as well. I felt like this before I cycled. I just dont want to do anything. I guess I want to cycle early next year but cant since we are still stationed overseas. I dont feel motivated to do anything.

I did get a lecture from DH. He asked me to snap out of it, in a frinedly gentle manner. I have started taking DS to the playgroups on Mondays. We also go for a daily walk just around the block and it makes us feel so much better.
    Renee