FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
MIL Vent UGH!!!!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    jillgalindo
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Bored

MIL Vent UGH!!!!

Okay so Zoey's first birthday is coming up my dh's mother called last night and said they won't be able to make to her birthday because his sister has to work. His sister knew her birthday was coming and we told her so she had plenty of time to request it off or switch day with someone. But they never go out of their way for anything it's always us. DH's mother lives 2 hours away and expected us to say oh we'll come pick you up. If dh picks her up that's a 4 hour drive plus waiting for the bi*ch to get ready so probably 5 hours. I am so sick of catering to them!!! I told dh NO she needs to find her own way to our house. He agrees and he is so mad. I just can't believe they don't care to be apart of Zoey's life. If Dh's mother calls him it's on his cell phone because I am so sick of her whining and she never ever asks how Zoey is doing. She doesn't care! She has seen Zoey a handful of times since she was born so Zoey doesn't even know her. The last time we saw her was in August and she didn't want to hold Zoey because she didn't want to mess her nails up. First of all she doesn't have any nails and second of all if you saw her you would wonder why she cared about her nails because she's gross. I swear why couldn't I have got a normal MIL it just never works out that way. After the I don't want to mess up my nails comment that just did it for me. I am done with her I am done with his sister. The only person in his family I like is his grandma. She watches Zoey for us twice a week calls all the time to talk to her she LOVES her. Even my Dh's great aunt calls to see how she's doing and loves to hear about all the new things she is doing. We will put Zoey on the phone with her so she can hear her babble it makes her day. But not his mom she can care less. She has 5 grandkids total 2 of them she takes care of and they are her life, the other 2 she is mean to and yells at them all the time. I made it clear when I was pregnant if she ever thinks she will treat Zoey like she treats her other grandkids she won't have Zoey as a grandkid. Her excuse was she was never able to bond with the other 2 because she never got to hold them when they were babies. Well she was there when Zoey was born she has been invited plenty of times to our house. If she doesn't feel that bond with Zoey it's her fault not ours. I thank GOD I have my family who loves Zoey so much. She is the cutest **** thing and always has a smile. She also does the funniest things and just makes you die laughing how can anyone not want to be apart of that. My family just can't comprehend her way of thinking it just boggles their minds how this women is. Life would be so much easier if his family just lived in their little commune together and never called us.

Thanks for letting me vent
    me 33 mommy to Zoey 4 years old
    TTC #1 02/01
    It's a girl Zoey Lee-Ann born 12/13/05 1:29am 6lbs8ozs

2. Advertisement

DebSean
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That really stinks!!
    D

flagirl
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    She sounds like a real piece of work. Thank God Zoey has your family. Your MIL is the one who loses. Sounds like Zoey is better off without her. I cannot imagine what someone like that is thinking. When I have a beautiful grandchild like Zoey I am going to spoil them rotten. With lots and lots of love.
    Tina

Two precious girls -
    Anna (4/25/03) and Natalie (12/10/05).

Blondie8
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    What sort of mother was she to DH? She sounds like she really isn't comfortable with babies and children. The nail excuse sounds both lame and false, wonder why she really isn't comfortable holding her. Can she take a bus or train to your house?

At the end of the day, it really is her loss, especially as Zoey has other people who really care about her alot. It's still sad though.
    “Children don’t belong to us. They are litle strangers who arrive in our lives and give us the pleasure and duty of caring for them–but we don’t own them. We help them become who they are.” Gloria Steinem

shannij
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh family can be so difficult. Sad situation and its really her loss.
    me 40 dh 39
    tubal dx - 3 ectopics, '98 ivf#1 BFN- exdh,
    IVF 2004 - 24PN embryos all frozen(out of whack hormones)
    FET#1 BFN '04 - tube removed
    FET #2 BFP 10/06/05 Landon Scott
    FET#3 10/06 BFN
    FET#4 BFP 10/07/07 Harrison William
    FET#5 BFP 09/28/09 Brennan Rhys
    final FET#6 - will transfer 2 day 6 blasts (thawed and refrozen '09) Oct 2010 -

sandra524
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sorry about the in-laws. I have a pair something like that. My DH parents were divorced since he was little so DS has several sets of GP's. My MIL is great but she only gets to see DS once a year for 2 weeks ( she lives in PR ) but when DS shows up she doesn't let him out of her sight, he even sleeps in their room. She does everything for him so I get a 2 week vacation. When it is time to leave they always start crying which breaks my heart. The other set live in NY and barely see Mikey unless we are having Family get-togethers. My SIL lives about 5 minutes from me and only sees DS frequently. So I know how you feel. Luckily your family is making up for it. My family comes every other weekend or so, and they live in NY.

Don't sweat it. When Zoey is older they will realize how much they missed out, but it is their loss.
    Sandra
    I am 43, DH is 36
    C.J born 4/83 by c-section
    M.F Born 2-16-05 by c-section.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. - Mohandas K. Gandhi:

ReneeZA
    is South African
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Jill

Its so sad. I cant believe your MIL. She definitely has issues. Her loss and lucky you have your own wonderful family. I am sure Zoey will have a super birthday
    Renee