FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Fun Question

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    shannij
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Fun Question

Ok I think this is a fun question IF anyone can answer yes.
    Have you ever met anyone famous? If yes how did it happen?
    I haven't that I can remember but I have never been one to go up to people who are famous. DH did meet Paula Abdul (briefly) in September at a benefit gala that he went to in LA. He also saw Mario Lopez, Danny Devito and some more all at the same function. I refused to go it would have meant leaving ds and traveling across country without him. Plus I am not impressed with Hollywood anyway.
    me 40 dh 39
    tubal dx - 3 ectopics, '98 ivf#1 BFN- exdh,
    IVF 2004 - 24PN embryos all frozen(out of whack hormones)
    FET#1 BFN '04 - tube removed
    FET #2 BFP 10/06/05 Landon Scott
    FET#3 10/06 BFN
    FET#4 BFP 10/07/07 Harrison William
    FET#5 BFP 09/28/09 Brennan Rhys
    final FET#6 - will transfer 2 day 6 blasts (thawed and refrozen '09) Oct 2010 -

2. Advertisement

Mrs.H
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I met Donny Osmond a few years ago. I went to a concert where he performed and met him after the concert. I know you "young-ins" probably don't care, but I'm old enough to have been a teen fan of his when his show was on many years ago. By the way, he's cuter in person!
    Monica

Claire, Lily, Tess

Robyne
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    We were eating lunch in Little Italy (NYC) one day and Danny Aiello was at the table next to us. Also - when I was a teenager, we saw Wang Chung in concert and met them afterward.
    Robyne

Kyra Riley (5/23/03) and Erin Mckenna (11/4/05)

shannij
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.H
    I met Donny Osmond a few years ago. I went to a concert where he performed and met him after the concert. I know you "young-ins" probably don't care, but I'm old enough to have been a teen fan of his when his show was on many years ago. By the way, he's cuter in person!
    I loved him when I was about 5-6, him and his brother Jimmy
    me 40 dh 39
    tubal dx - 3 ectopics, '98 ivf#1 BFN- exdh,
    IVF 2004 - 24PN embryos all frozen(out of whack hormones)
    FET#1 BFN '04 - tube removed
    FET #2 BFP 10/06/05 Landon Scott
    FET#3 10/06 BFN
    FET#4 BFP 10/07/07 Harrison William
    FET#5 BFP 09/28/09 Brennan Rhys
    final FET#6 - will transfer 2 day 6 blasts (thawed and refrozen '09) Oct 2010 -

ReneeZA
    is South African
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Hi

Never had the pleasure of meeting anyone famous. I have seen a few from a distance but not really speak to them

Renee
    Renee

CAKI
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    I have met several when I was traveling for work all the time.

I sat next to Roy Clark on the airplane one time.

Matt Laur sat accross the aisle from me on one flight and got my suitcase down for me.

I kicked Ron Howard out of my seat on one flight. Didn't know who he was at the time. He sat in the wrong seat and thought I was correcting a mistake!

Saw the Mowry twins at the airport.

I spoke at length to the black weather guy from the CBS morning show at the airport while we tried to find our bags from a plane that was canceled. For the life of me I can't remember his name, and it not Al ROker.

I think thats all I have met, could be a few others that I have forgotton.
    Caki
    3 iui neg, 1 ivf neg, 1 ivf chemical
    PG by acupuncture and herbs
    EDD - 1/16/06

DD - Rianna Li Shu born Oct 8, 2005 25 weeks and a fighter! 1lb 11oz - 12 inches long!

Blondie8
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I met Sean Connery at a golf tournament in the Bahamas. My BF lives there with her husband, it was charity event and they did alot of the organizing. Lots of big wigs were there as many of them have homes in the Bahamas including the $$ guy Warren Buffett, that baseball player who everyone hates because he's on steroids (name utterly eludes me), Celine Dion dropped by.

I must say that this was about 5-6 years ago and Sean Connery was utterly dishy; Scottish brogue, big hunk of a man, he seemed so, um, manly. (I realize I'm sounding like a teeny bopper but he really is quite captivating.) FWIW, he is my ultimate favorite Bond. He's been happily married forever too. When he shaked my hand I was like "on my!".

Apart from some sightings here in town as they film lots of movies (Kelly Rowland, Robin Williams, Pam Anderson, Affleck + Garner, Stallone, Julia Roberts oh and Paula Abdul and Emilio Estevez) that's about it.
    “Children don’t belong to us. They are litle strangers who arrive in our lives and give us the pleasure and duty of caring for them–but we don’t own them. We help them become who they are.” Gloria Steinem

dee32
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I walked next to George Michael when I was 13 at the lightening of the christmas tree in NY does that count? lol
    Me 36 DH 40
    One Beautiful Baby Girl Born 10/4/05!!!! Melanie Anna

vmk15
    is trying to get motivated
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Busy
    I have seen many celebrities just out and about in NYC while working there. I never went up to them just let them be. I am so bad at sightings that I am sure I passed more and didn't realize it.

- I sat at a table next to Gweneth Paltrow (pre-marriage/baby) at a small japanese restaurant. She was just wearing jeans and a sweatshirt and still looked like a million bucks.

-Martha Stewart was filming a segment for her show across the street from the school I taught at in Chinatown.

- Law and Order was always being filmed at the courthouse around the corner. Never watched the show but always saw the actors and sceens.

-Saw P-Diddy outside the courthouse when he was on trial for that whole shooting thing.

- Will Smith and Jada Picket were in the same row as me at a broadway play

- Hilary Clinton as senator went to an opening of a store across from the school.

- I was eating in a restaurant in little italy when I saw this girl walk in dressed like what I thought a hoochie. She was whisked to the back. I said to my friends, who does that girl think she is?? Turns out it was Mariah Carey. Told you I was bad at sightings.

-Finally I did actually meet Gabe Caplin (welcome back cotter) He used to be a counselor at a summer camp I worked at. He came back in 1997 for an alumni fund raiser. He looked like an average joe and came with his parents.
    Veronica

Brian - 10/05
    I am 5 years old!

Sarah - 12/06
    I am 4 years old!

They keep me on my toes and make me smile.

Mommy2APrincess
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I met Tim McGraw after a concert!

That's about it for me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast