FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
what is your typical week like

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    shannij
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Question what is your typical week like

I am blessed to be able to stay home with ds - could not imagine it any other way. Ds wakes between 5-6am each and EVERY morning. He screams endlessly till he gets his am bottle. I am supposed to be weaning him but I have 3 big cans of SAMS formula so when that is done its DONE.
    Mondays I have him doing a little music sing along class that he loves. Its called the Music Class. Its fun to see him thoroughly enjoy himself.
    Tuesdays and Wednesday we run errand and or go do lunch with dh. We moved to be closer to dh's office so we are getting the benefit.
    Thursdays he is in a Mother's morning out programs for 3 hours.
    I die for Fridays not unlike when I was working but for a different reason. It is to get a break on Saturday and Sunday.
    Off course inbetween this I get groceries and my house cleaned and laundry done. I try to do stuff between naps and I pick stuff like ironing that I can't do when he is awake. Naturally he must hear the iron giving of steam because he wakes right up. I am ironing dh's clothes now, didn't used to do that before.
    Things change when you stay home but I really can't imagine having to work and do everything as well PLUS try to enjoy my angel.
    me 40 dh 39
    tubal dx - 3 ectopics, '98 ivf#1 BFN- exdh,
    IVF 2004 - 24PN embryos all frozen(out of whack hormones)
    FET#1 BFN '04 - tube removed
    FET #2 BFP 10/06/05 Landon Scott
    FET#3 10/06 BFN
    FET#4 BFP 10/07/07 Harrison William
    FET#5 BFP 09/28/09 Brennan Rhys
    final FET#6 - will transfer 2 day 6 blasts (thawed and refrozen '09) Oct 2010 -

2. Advertisement

dee32
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well unfortuanatly I had to return to work because I am the benefit person but got to at least stay home till Melanie was almost 5 months old so that is something. I work 4 9 hour days with Friday off so I do have some special time with her and enjoy my Fridays. My sister in law watches her Mondays and Wednesdays at my house and she just was put in to daycare Tuesdays and Thursday mornings again to be around other children and play. My mother picks her up around 11:30 and brings her back to my house for the rest of the day. She goes to Library Nursery ryhmes at our local Library on Weds. with my sister in law and this Friday I am taking her to a Tumble Jam infant class and see if she likes it and if she does than we will join but if she isn't too interested than I am going to say forget it.

During the days I work is pretty hectic. I'm up a little after 5am and shower and then dd gets up. Days she goes to daycare I have to get her up at least by 6:45 but she usually wakes up between 6 and 7 and I get her dressed, she gets a sippy of warm milk and a little tv. We don't have to leave till 7:20. The other days my sister in law is there by 7:30 so I get up, showered and dressed before she gets up so I can play and take care of her till I have to leave. I get home around5:30 and it's quick love and hugs and then I make dinner and then afterwards I give her a bath and then hold her with a sippy watching Barney and then bed. When she goes to bed is when I go into action cleanining, doing bills, cleaning up, laundry, etc. I like to keep Friday's and weekends open to devote to her.
    Me 36 DH 40
    One Beautiful Baby Girl Born 10/4/05!!!! Melanie Anna

Robyne
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I work full-time. We are up by 7 am and out the door by 8:15 am. I drop Kyra (3 years old) off at her school, then Erin off at her daycare. I pick up the girls and we are usually walking in the door around 5ish. Trying to cook dinner and watch the girls before DH gets home around 6 pm is always a challenge. The girls are in bed ar 8:30 pm.
    Robyne

Kyra Riley (5/23/03) and Erin Mckenna (11/4/05)

kmommy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My day starts at 5:45am. Dh has already left for work by this time, so I give Kai his sippy of milk, and we head to the shower. He hangs out in his pack-n-play right outside the bathroom door as I shower. Then he gets to walk around the house a little while I get dressed and do minimal make-up. Then I dress him, try to find the matching parts to 3 sippy cups, toast a waffle for him, and we're out the door by 7am. When he gets to day care, he gets to eat his waffle and banana for breakfast. Whew!

I pick him up from day care at 3pm, then it's play time until 4:30. I start preparing dinner, and we sit down to eat at 5:15 (I know, it's early.) Then bath time at 6:15pm, and bedtime by 6:30-7pm.

I can't wait for my weekends!
    me (38), dh (38)
    K - age 5
    C - age 3

BC-MAV
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator for Surrogacy BB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    DH usually leaves by 7 so it would be me, the baby, and 5 year old DS having breakfast. Now he makes breakfast (I mean heats frozen waffles or pancakes and cuts a banana for the baby and makes a bottle) and he has been bringing DS to school lately because he can go to early care at 7:30 for just 15 mintues before school starts at 7:45. DH rides a tandem bike? with DS on Friday ams. As for me, I usually clean up breakfast while the baby plays. I dress him and we brush teeth. Then a few days we have a sitter while I am overseer of the renovation work and meeting with plumbers, contractor, sheetrockers, etc.... 2 days a week he has a play group thing.... Monday ams we do Gym Rompers and Friday ams we do WeeTwoPlay with a group of kids and developmental pshcholgist who started this fun sensory play group with climbing equipment and other fun stuff. We walk in the ams. We eat lunch together and play outside. Then in the afternoon he naps. We used to swim everday but it is cooler so me and the baby play in the sand box or swing or he rides his trike... with me holding the handle.
    MAV Mom to

B (17)
    A (12)

(4/99) (4/05)

flagirl
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Life is hectic for everyone it seems! I work 6AM till noon everyday. So I am up at 4:45am - Dh is with the kids. At 12:15 I meet Dh halfway between our works and I take the kids......he goes into work. We go home, make lunch, play a little - then naps. After naps we either run an errand, grocery shop, target .....or in nice weather the park or something. Fix dinner then eat. Bath for the girls. Then Natalie's bedtime......Dh then gets home. He eats dinner and we chat about 15 minutes. Then my older dd goes to bed and I try to go running for 30 minutes. Come home- take a shower then finally get to sit down with Dh and we watch a little TV. Go to bed at around 10:00. Oh and I am STILL getting up 1-2 times a night to give Natalie a bottle! I am so sleep deprived!!! I love the weekends cause Dh and I get more time together and get to share kid duty - and eat together. I hate eating dinners separately throughout the week.
    Tina

Two precious girls -
    Anna (4/25/03) and Natalie (12/10/05).

OurFirst
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everyday is the same for us. We get up at around 5:50, dh gets her shower and dd wakes up. I get her dressed for daycare and get her diaper bag ready and I send them off to work. I get off work at 5pm get dd from daycare, go home dh usually plays with her while I prepare dinner. We eat and are finished between 6:30 and 6:45, dh bathes dd while I clean up the dinner table. From 7:00 until 8:00 we all play together. DD is in bed by 8:00pm and does not wake til 6:00 or 6:15. That is our week.

Jen

fetch
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had the luxury of a 1 year mat leave... which unfortunately is ending in a week when I return to work f/t.

Right now ds gets up at 8am. When he was younger I was enrolled in something almost every day from aerobics with baby, yoga with baby, playdates, walks, movies w/ baby, lunch w/ co-workers, sister or some moms, etc etc.

Right now I just do one playdate a week and the rest of the week is working p/t freelance at home, doing errands and taking care of ds.
    I'm hoping to get pg again in the spring and to it all over again!