FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
12 month shots...do they suck or what?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    CAKI
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired

12 month shots...do they suck or what?

Rianna had her 12 month shots Monday...she is still running a fever and really not feeling well. The worst part is that she needs to start her RSV shots and they won't do it as long as she has a fever. To make it even worse, we are supposed to leave on Sat for San Antonio TX and I do not want to get her on an airplane without her RSV shots....I am beside myself on what to do!
    Caki
    3 iui neg, 1 ivf neg, 1 ivf chemical
    PG by acupuncture and herbs
    EDD - 1/16/06

DD - Rianna Li Shu born Oct 8, 2005 25 weeks and a fighter! 1lb 11oz - 12 inches long!

2. Advertisement

dee32
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe her fever will break soon. Hope she is feeling better shortly. My dd couldn't even begin her 12 month shots because she had an ear infection in her left ear. Took her back today for a check up and now she has an ear infection in her right. She is also getting in molars but my dd is ear infection queen and I have a feeling will be getting tubes in her ears soon.
    Me 36 DH 40
    One Beautiful Baby Girl Born 10/4/05!!!! Melanie Anna

EriMichelle
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    ahh, that is terrible. Does she always have a reaction to shots? I am just curious if Kai will react for the first time. He is pretty good with all the other shots but would like to be prepared for something new .

I hope she feels better soon and can get the RSV shot. I understand your worries
    me-Erin dh-Brian ds-Kai born 11/8/05
    IVF#1: 8/04 - Ectopic
    IVF#2: 3/05 - BFP!
    IVF#3:12/07 - BFN!
    IUI Natural Cycle 3/08 - BFN!
    IVF#4 4/08: Blighted Ovum ;0(
    IVF #5 11/09 BFN (One frozen embryo left)
    Natural FET #1 One lil embryo - BFP! EDD May 3, 2011
    Scheduled C- Section - EDD Last week in April, 2011
    It's a Boy

shannij
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't realize that they had to get the RSV shots when they were 12mths, I thought it was just the first year.
    YES I agree the 12mth visit was painful. Landon has MMR, Varicella, Hep A, TB skin test and blood work. I got teary with the deep muscle shots I hate seeing him in pain.
    me 40 dh 39
    tubal dx - 3 ectopics, '98 ivf#1 BFN- exdh,
    IVF 2004 - 24PN embryos all frozen(out of whack hormones)
    FET#1 BFN '04 - tube removed
    FET #2 BFP 10/06/05 Landon Scott
    FET#3 10/06 BFN
    FET#4 BFP 10/07/07 Harrison William
    FET#5 BFP 09/28/09 Brennan Rhys
    final FET#6 - will transfer 2 day 6 blasts (thawed and refrozen '09) Oct 2010 -

sandra524
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I missed the 12 months shots my DH had to take him. I usually give him tylenol before we go to his appt that is what the dr told us to do. He doesn't react much crys some and then get over it and gets sleepy.

On his 18 month appt dr didn't give him any shots because he got them all on the previous appt. I was really not looking forward to DS getting shots so I gave the dr a huge smile.

Hope your DD gets better. Poor baby.
    Sandra
    I am 43, DH is 36
    C.J born 4/83 by c-section
    M.F Born 2-16-05 by c-section.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. - Mohandas K. Gandhi:

OurFirst
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Poor little thing. I am so sorry that she is having a hard time with the shots. Hopefully the fever will break today and you can get those shots soon so ya'll can make your trip.

I took dd to have her 12 month shots as well, I have to go back next month for the rest of the shots. So far, she has not ran a fever and is feeling pretty good. I have given her tylenol just in case she were to spike a fever.

Good Luck,

Jen
    mommy to m j 1

jillgalindo
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Bored
    Poor thing I hope her fever has broken by now. I am not looking forward to 12 month shots. Zoey's first 2 set of shots she didn't do good at all but her 3rd set she did fine.
    me 33 mommy to Zoey 4 years old
    TTC #1 02/01
    It's a girl Zoey Lee-Ann born 12/13/05 1:29am 6lbs8ozs

CAKI
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    Took her to the Doc today because she started developing a rash....she has Roseolla....so the fever is probably from that, not the shots...she good thing is she no longer has a fever...the bad thing is she is covered in spots!
    Caki
    3 iui neg, 1 ivf neg, 1 ivf chemical
    PG by acupuncture and herbs
    EDD - 1/16/06

DD - Rianna Li Shu born Oct 8, 2005 25 weeks and a fighter! 1lb 11oz - 12 inches long!