FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Ok, it's that time...Holiday season is coming fast!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    joslynsmom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, it's that time...Holiday season is coming fast!

Soooo...let's share our rituals and what we expect our little ones will be wearing. Ok...so for Joslyn...everything is a first except for Christmas...

I've been going crazy for halloween costumes! Can't decide, last year it was very mild...so I don't want to go with those big flease outfits, but I also don't want her to be a princess or something that everyone else will be...I want her to stand out! We usually go to my father's, help him hand out candy, bring the kids around his neighborhood (lots of houses all together and most are decorated)

As far as Thanksgiving...not really a huge holiday here...my cousin usually hosts (she lives upstairs from me!) so very informal...then we go to dad's (he's an wonderful cook), he makes us a huge tin pan full of everything, so we pick all week. Throwing her in something cute but comfy, jeans with a cute top.

Christmas - we celebrate on Christmas eve at my mom's, already got Joslyn's outfit, it's a pink dress, velvet with the fuzz stuff at the neck, wrist and bottom, very adorable (got it last season on sale! - 24 months...she's wearing 18 now...hope it fits) On Christmas day, the kids open there presents at home, then usually go over to there mom's and Joslyn, hubby and myself will do dad's house and a couple of other family members.

2. Advertisement

joslynsmom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

In addition to the previous thread, have to ask...

Anyone else out there a Black Friday shopper??? You know, the Friday after Thanksgiving when the stores open at 4 -5 and people all go crazy over the sales??? I'm one of those crazy's! I love it! Didn't go last year because I was 8 1/2 months preg. and well if someone hit my belly, I would have done some damage! So anyone else a crazy too!?

Mommy2APrincess
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm done with firsts as of Valentine's Day!

Last year B was a unicorn for Halloween - this year she will be either Minnie Mouse or a princess (she seems to be favoring Cinderella!). I took her last year to a local farm with a pumpkin patch, hay ride, petting zoo - and we'll take her again this year.

The other holidays are going to be tricky for me this year. This will be the first year H isn't invited to my mother's (where we've always gone!). It's going to be very hard for me because I want to go to my mom's - my sister and my nephews are there! But he will be angry if I choose to take his/our daughter away from him on the holidays. I'm almost not even looking forward to the holidays coming this year!

Thanksgiving Day is also my 30th birthday so that should be interesting!
    Jen
    Mommy to One Princess, Bianca, born March-2005
    Mommy to Two Princes, Carson & Aiden, born little fighters at 28w5d, still in the NICU

Mommy2APrincess
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joslynsmom
    Anyone else out there a Black Friday shopper??? You know, the Friday after Thanksgiving when the stores open at 4 -5 and people all go crazy over the sales??? I'm one of those crazy's! I love it! Didn't go last year because I was 8 1/2 months preg. and well if someone hit my belly, I would have done some damage! So anyone else a crazy too!?
    I used to be!! This will be the first year that I am not! I took B last year - and it was torture! People have no respect, even with a baby! Last year I waited a couple of hours and went - the stores were cleared out (of people) and I found deals that were pretty comparable! NEVER EVER again for me!

BTW - I've already started my Christmas shopping!
    Jen
    Mommy to One Princess, Bianca, born March-2005
    Mommy to Two Princes, Carson & Aiden, born little fighters at 28w5d, still in the NICU

dee32
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    No more firsts for us either except her B-day in October. Last year we had a pumpkin onsie with a matching hat and slippers (very very cute let me tell you) and then after dh got home from work we put her in her lady bug costume which was nice and fuzzy and just brought her over to his sister's to see the kids dressed up (she slept the entire time only being less than a month). So even though the holidays won't be her first she is bigger and we can do lots more unlike last year where it was very low key because I did not want too many people around her.

For Halloween not sure yet on the costume but probably piglet and we plan to bring her pumpkin picking/hay ride and the whole nine yards. As for the actual day we aren't sure yet what to do. Maybe go around with my girlfriend who has older kids. Thanksgiving we were at my mom's last year so I have to see if his family is doing anything. We usually alternate. We will usually go to my mom's on Christmas Eve and spend the night and then go to his family's on Christmas day so it's a lot of running around but I plan to take the whole week off and do a ton of christmas stuff with my dd.
    Me 36 DH 40
    One Beautiful Baby Girl Born 10/4/05!!!! Melanie Anna

jillgalindo
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Bored
    I was/am a black Friday shopper even though I was hugely pregnant last year I still made it. Of course not at 6am or anything but I still made the morning sales. Had to go in sweats and slippers oh I was so so swollen. Then after shopping I did my belly cast that is proudly sitting on Zoey's shelf in her room.

This year I am going to start shopping for Zoey very soon for Birthday and Christmas. Since they are within a couple of weeks of eachother. I don't want ot be too broke and trying to scramble.

For Halloween oh this is one of my favorites so I have no idea what I want to dress Zoey up as. This is a very hard decision.

Thanksgiving oh I'm not very big on this holiday. Just a lot of food and by the time you have a little taste of everything your too full for dinner. Then of course you want to go home and get to bed early for the sales the next day.
    me 33 mommy to Zoey 4 years old
    TTC #1 02/01
    It's a girl Zoey Lee-Ann born 12/13/05 1:29am 6lbs8ozs

TruBrit(2)
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    I can't believe it's getting to that time already!!

Really looking forward to it here. Can't wait for his first Halloween - especially considering 2 years ago I sat on my porch steps handing out candy broken hearted after just learning our 5th and final IUI had failed (DH couldn't take it and stayed indoors drinking ...). Haven't quite decided on an outfit yet for Jacob - but I do have me eye on a little Dracula suit - or else maybe a devil (...quite fitting ).

Unfortunately we don't reallly do anything for Thanksgiving - since both of us are immigrants and have no family here. We do however always make an effort to cook a nice dinner and obviously Jake will be a big part of it this year.

Christmas is one of my favorite times of year. We always celebrate two days. Christmas Eve DH cooks a traditional Polish meal and we toast to his family. Christmas Day I cook the traditional English Christmas dinner and we toast my family. Fortunately we always have DH's Son with us, as his Mom does not celebrate Christmas (she has him for her religious holidays). It's going to be extra special this year as our little one will turn one year old on Christmas Eve - I'm planning cake and candle after our Polish dinner and toast. We'll also be treating this Christmas as his first as we had absolutely nothing ready for him when he arrived so early!!

I'm getting excited and nostalgic just thinking about it all.

Best wishes
    Tru

ETA: I'm thankfully not a black Friday shopper. I hate shopping at the best of times - but since both our families are overseas we get presents early November so we can mail them in time.
    Last edited by TruBrit(2); 08-22-2006 at 07:20 PM.
    blessed with IVF/ICSI miracle 12/05

CAKI
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    Holloween and Thanksgiving will kinda be firsts this year because she was in the NICU still....

I want her to be piglet....he wants her to be a greese monkey as in a mechanic....he's very big into restoring cars at the moment.....not sure who will win the battle of the holloween costume.....

Thanksgiving and Xmas we are going to my mom's. It will be the first time in years that we won't have any of the stepkids with us.

Have not been to black friday in years...usually am not around a good enough shopping area....maybe this year with my mom at Bransin with the outlets...we will see.
    Caki
    3 iui neg, 1 ivf neg, 1 ivf chemical
    PG by acupuncture and herbs
    EDD - 1/16/06

DD - Rianna Li Shu born Oct 8, 2005 25 weeks and a fighter! 1lb 11oz - 12 inches long!