FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
First Birthday Party Ideas

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    EriMichelle
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

First Birthday Party Ideas

I can't believe Kai will be one in 3 months. I am already trying to figure out where we will be having the party. A few moms I spoke to said "we should treat the 1st party" like a wedding and just invite everyone - so, that is the plan! We have a clubhouse on the lake here we may be able to rent out - but I will research that more in the next week.

Anyone else have some good ideas???
    me-Erin dh-Brian ds-Kai born 11/8/05
    IVF#1: 8/04 - Ectopic
    IVF#2: 3/05 - BFP!
    IVF#3:12/07 - BFN!
    IUI Natural Cycle 3/08 - BFN!
    IVF#4 4/08: Blighted Ovum ;0(
    IVF #5 11/09 BFN (One frozen embryo left)
    Natural FET #1 One lil embryo - BFP! EDD May 3, 2011
    Scheduled C- Section - EDD Last week in April, 2011
    It's a Boy

2. Advertisement

archie2
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you thought about a party at an indoor playground. That way, you don't have to clean up after anyone and the kids are guaranteed to have fun. They have some that are geared toward very young children and have age appropriate toys and climbing things. You also get use of the entire place so you don't have to fight other kids away from your group.

Kim

OurFirst
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are planning just a very small party for dd's 1st bday party. We have a large family and all of the grandparents and cousins will be there. We are just going to have cake and ice cream. DD's bday is on October, Friday the 13th so we will just have cake at our house. I will be making cupcakes to take the daycare for her to have a party in her class.

I hope you are able to rent the clubhouse for your little one. Sounds like fun. Good Luck,
    Jen
    Mommy to M J born 10-13-05

Mommy2APrincess
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I had wanted to have a huge first birthday party for Bianca - but due to circustance beyone my control she wound up having 2 small parties - 1 with her daddy and his family and 1 with my immediate family. While it was so NOT what I wanted, I was glad it was small. Mainly because she just wasn't into it and I was disappointed. The more I read into it, it was said it was better to be small only because at 1, the kids are more likely to be intimidated by all the people.

I hope you get your clubhouse - that sounds like a good idea!

Here is B at her 2 parties. . .
    Jen
    Mommy to One Princess, Bianca, born March-2005
    Mommy to Two Princes, Carson & Aiden, born little fighters at 28w5d, still in the NICU

EriMichelle
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    ah, Bianca is so cute - lucky girl - two birthday cakes
    It's a Boy

jillgalindo
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Bored
    What kind of ideas do you want, like things kids can do?
    me 33 mommy to Zoey 4 years old
    TTC #1 02/01
    It's a girl Zoey Lee-Ann born 12/13/05 1:29am 6lbs8ozs

EriMichelle
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is mostly going to be family and friend (adults) - with a few kids. I am just trying to think of places to have the event. Kai's birthday is in the beginning of November - so, a park may not work because of weather, etc. We could just do a BBQ a the house; I guess.
    It's a Boy

dee32
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    DD will be a year in 2 more months (wow I can't believe it!!!). This year has been party central for dh and my family and since we didn't have her christening till June we feel we are going to hold off on the big parties until she is a little bit older. We are going to do a small party for just immediate family and a few close friends which still including me and dh will be about 40 people and we got the back room of a pizza/resturant no charge thanks to dh's nephew's girlfriend who works there and will have pizza, soda, and cake. DH's nephew is going to dress up as Barney since dd loves Barney and will bring favors for the kids that will be there. Since her birthday is in October I am going to do the favors in jackolaterns I get from the dollar and I am going to do a small cake for her to go crazy with and a big one for everyone else with balloons and stuff. I also took off work on her birthday and since dh has to work we are going to spend mommy/daughter day and I think that is when I will take her for her first year pictures and her ears pierced.
    Me 36 DH 40
    One Beautiful Baby Girl Born 10/4/05!!!! Melanie Anna

jillgalindo
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Bored
    Is it mainly adults? How many kids and what are the ages? Are there older kids? I'm just trying to get an idea.

For Zoey's first birthday I know the party will be big and all of my friends and family all have little ones 8 and under. So for the older kids I will probably get a jumpy, of course depending on the weather. But I am going to do Zoey's first birthday theme Snow Princess (since it's Dec) and either my mom or I will make her a really pretty white outfit. I wish I could rent a snow maker but I don't think they have them around here. But for the activity I will either have the kids make Gingerbread Houses out of Graham Crackers and frosting or Christmas tree Ornaments. I think the Houses would be easier that way I can squirt down the patio. Paint I think might be to messy now that I'm talking about it.

So maybe since Kai's birthday is in Nov you can do a craft geared towards Thanksgiving if there are little ones one of their parents will have to help of course but it can also be kept as a memory

http://www.amazingmoms.com/htm/thank...ts_feature.htm

http://www.amazingmoms.com/htm/thank...ndy_cornocopia

just some ideas depending on how many kids there are.
    me 33 mommy to Zoey 4 years old
    TTC #1 02/01
    It's a girl Zoey Lee-Ann born 12/13/05 1:29am 6lbs8ozs

EriMichelle
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Jill. The kiddos will all be 2 and under, so I think I am just going to have a bunch of toys hanging around to play and food. I fugure that will keep them occupied - or even a movie or something. Gosh, it is amazing how once you have kids you have a whole new set of responsibilities -like throwing an amazing birthday party - Yikes!
    It's a Boy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast