FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Having a hard time keeping Maggie entertained

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    MandyNH
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Having a hard time keeping Maggie entertained

Lately shes hard to keep entertained. She wants mommy all the time. Thats hard with 2 other little ones begging for the same kind of attention. I wish I had more arms!LOL
    Do you have a circut that you rotate your babies on??IE: the exersaucer, tummy time, bouncy seat etc?? anymore ideas??
    Mandy

26weekers Richard 1/11/03 &
    Ryan 1/11/03-1/14/03
    Mark 9/9/04
    Maggie 12/16/05

2. Advertisement

MandyNH
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow talk about a slow board!
    Mandy

Ryan 1/11/03-1/14/03
    Mark 9/9/04
    Maggie 12/16/05

flagirl
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi Mandy!

I always forget to check over here - I am more on the First Year Board......

Natalie does pretty good as long as she is not tired. We rotate between the bouncy seat, exercauser, playmat and this other ocean wonders play thing. Then I hold her some too. Outside I like to keep her in the bjorn so she feels part of the "action". Even grocery shopping and stuff I have found more luck putting her in the bjorn versus her carrier. She is a nosey girl and just wants to be part of the action at ALL times!!
    Tina

Two precious girls -
    Anna (4/25/03) and Natalie (12/10/05).

MandyNH
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Tina! I dont know why but this BB never shows up in my settings when someone responds to my posts?? I dont know why?
    Oh well, ya Ive been using the bjorn more lately, she definetly likes to be part of the action. I have a hard time leaving her anywhere b/c she is always a target for the boys if Im not right there watching her.(LOL)
    Shes sleeping less now it seems and Im having a hard time getting things done but I brought her stroller in the house so I can wheel her room to room as I move around. I just have to watch out for mark...he likes to take her for rides and Im afraid he might tip her over!
    Good to hear from you! Happy Mothers Day!
    Mandy

Ryan 1/11/03-1/14/03
    Mark 9/9/04
    Maggie 12/16/05

flagirl
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That is a great idea about the stoller! I used to bring it inside when she was real little and take her for "walks" trying to keep her happy during the cold winter months when we were in newborn "bootcamp"! Never thought about using it now. It is so awesome cause she is just so happy and so sweet these days. Those first 3 months were so tough and now we are just in heaven with her. Yesterday in the bathtub (she LOVES bathtime) she was kicking so hard - the water was just flying everyone. Anna and I just laughed so hard at her. I wish we could get our kids together to play! Anna would love the boys! Her best friend is a little boy who lives behind us. The other day he started "tackling" her and it was so funny. She is all girl and so calm and had this look on her face - like what the heck?!
    Tina

Two precious girls -

flagirl
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Oh forgot to say Happy Mothers Day to you too!
    Tina

Two precious girls -

MandyNH
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ya that would be so cool to get togeather. My boys love other kids! But there is alot of rough housing going on over here.....that didnt go over to well with one of my friends daughters(she almost 5) As she was leaving she told me that I need to get control of my boys! I couldnt believe a 4y/o said that. Shes an only child and not used to the ruccus of our house! The funny part is...I thought the boys were behaving very good! LOL
    I was posting on the 03 playgroup bb about all the flooding going on around here from all the rain! All of the rivers are flooding our roads. My MIL just called and shes going to be staying with us cuz her house is getting flooded out from a river next to them. They have an inground pool that just collapsed from all the water. Thats a shame...
    But what can ya do. So my DH is gone(got called into work..he works for the town) and my MIL is on her way over...so much for a nice peaceful mothers day?? No, really I cant complain I have 3 beautiful children and my MIL is really a nice lady. I just wouldnt want her living here!LOL
    Mandy

Ryan 1/11/03-1/14/03
    Mark 9/9/04
    Maggie 12/16/05

nicole
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    the sling/carrier helped a lot. But sometimes my ds goes through phases where he HAS to be attached at the hip to a parent and then is perfectly fine hanging out while I do something with the other kids (but my kids are older, which changes things dramatically).
    sd 22
    ds 13
    ds 8

MandyNH
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ya she is definetly going thru a stage where she wants to be attached to the hip. She is fine as long as shes in my arms. She will actually be crying in DHs or MILs arms and when I take her she kinda grins at them and immedetely stops crying....and they're like, "OOOOH I see how it is. As long as your in Mommys arms..."
    Mandy

Ryan 1/11/03-1/14/03
    Mark 9/9/04
    Maggie 12/16/05