FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Getting rid of bottles??

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    bebe
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Getting rid of bottles??

My twin girls will be 1 on April 25th. I really feel like I/they are not ready to get rid of their bottles. (DS had his until 20 months) They do eat some big people food (Eva has 2 small teeth but Claire still does not have any (they will not eat baby food)), they love fruit and gum bread (toast) to death but meats and veggies are not of interest to them yet. They can kind of use a sippy but not a straw and I do not see how they would get the recommended 20oz of milk/fluids they need a day from a sippy or straw right now. So in saying that, I still plan to continue with bottles, keep trying sippys/straws but eliminate formula and replace it with milk. I hope they pop some more teeth soon and develop a taste for all the foods I keep preparing.

Anyone been through this or have a plan for it?

bebe
    ME 43 DH 40, 7-02 (Domestic Adoption), 4-05 (DE #1, IVF #5),
    (M/C, Ectopic Pregnancy, Failed Adoption)

2. Advertisement

homeschoolmom
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Bebe! I think it's okay for you to continue using bottles. Besides, your girls were preemies and I think there should be some adjustment for that. They'll get sippy cups better soon and then you can change over. My babies have always had a bottle until at least 15 months.

Michelle

little_roo
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see a problem with you dd's still using a bottle for a while longer. I plan on letting Alexis had her's until she is at least 15 months old. She know what to do with her sippy cup but is still very attached to the bottle. My SIL let her dd have the bottle (only 1 a day) until she was almost 3 yrs old.
    Kim (dx PCOS) - 31/DH - 34
    06/05 02/07 04/04

bebe
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Ladies:

It is so good to get some reassurance.

Michelle/Little Roo: How many teeth do Jonathan and Alexis have?

bebe
    ME 43 DH 40, 7-02 (Domestic Adoption), 4-05 (DE #1, IVF #5),
    (M/C, Ectopic Pregnancy, Failed Adoption)

little_roo
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bebe

Alexis only has 1 tooth right now but I think she is working on another. She has been moody today which isn't like her. Alexis got her 1st tooth on March 14th (just after she turned 9 months). I know your girl are preemies but don't be in a rush for teeth. I was told that the old they are when they get teeth the better and stronger the teeth are. Your girls will have nice, stronger teeth.
    Kim (dx PCOS) - 31/DH - 34
    06/05 02/07 04/04

homeschoolmom
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jonathan has 4 teeth. Two on the bottom and two on the top. I wouldn't worry about the teeth either. Some babies don't get any until 12 months.

Michelle

ShanLondon
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Stella is coming up to 11 months and has no teeth! Except I see them shining hard and white just beneath her gum -- it's so exciting...
    Live in London with Nadia, my wonderful partner of 19 years. I am 41, she's 44.

IVF #1 ended in chemical pregnancy.

IVF #2 BFP! Stella Olga was born on 17th May 2005

MandyNH
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    We never got rid of the bottles at 1 year...to me that seems way to young. I think the Drs rush that to tell you the truth.
    RJ just gave up his night-time bottle(3yrs old!!) and Mark did too at 18 months old. Every kid is different.
    It wasnt hard for Mark to give it up where RJ was very attached and still would be if I let him!
    Mandy

26weekers Richard 1/11/03 &
    Ryan 1/11/03-1/14/03
    Mark 9/9/04
    Maggie 12/16/05