FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
discovery or masturbating

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    saramomof1
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

discovery or masturbating

I am going out on a limb with this. I have viewed other posts and I see how some people get slammed or judged and labled as being a troll . I am really confused about this situation and I talked with a couple of people who have told me to just post it.

I have a 12 year old son,,, I caught him self pleasuring himself a few nights ago . I didn't actually catch him in the act but found his ejaculate in tissues which was on the coffee table. He was down in the den watching TV while I was cookling dinner and he must have fell asleep. When I came down to get him for dinner, I noticed the tissues on the table. I woke him up, and just walked upstairs. I didn't say anything to him as I don't know what to say. I needed to calm down because I was shocked. I was upset that he just left this in the open and I am having anxiety now because of this.. I never thought I would ever see my son's ejaculate or even catch or have suspecion that my son is masturbating.

I am not sure if I am over reacting but it made me feel very uncomfortable . I am a single parent and I know it's my responsiblity to talk to him but it's not easy.

Any suggestions

2. Advertisement

saramomof1
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand if this post is working. I see that 34 views were on this post but no one commented. Am I doing something wrong

HelpAtFertilityAuthority
    has no status.
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Hi Sara,

I am not sure why this post isn't "living" under one of the subforums. I have toddler twins (2.5 years old) so I don't really have personal experience with this. I think if it makes you feel uncomfortable, you have to address it. There is no easy way to talk about it, but you could just mention that he might be getting to the age of wanting to try things like masturbation (maybe don't mention the tissues because it will embarrass him unless you seriously don't want them on the coffee table, which I wouldn't either) and then see what he says.

It really depends on your relationship with your son, your personality, your parenting style, etc. I would probably make a joke of it somehow, but I obviously can't say for sure yet.

Best of luck to you!

Kim
    IVF w/ICSI in April 2010=TWINS!
    SCH, IC, emergency cerclage at 22 weeks
    PTL at 32 weeks, made it to 36 weeks!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC Baby #3: PCOS, 9% morphology
    Provera and Pregnitude!

Twitter: @Griffiths1214

If you need information on multi-cycle savings and financing for IVF or egg freezing, contact our Patient Care Advocates for help or send us a message on our Facebook page.

Get Fertile Thoughts on your phone: Click for iPhone OR Android

click to visit my blog:

DianaBS
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's natural part if life to masturbate. The issue that should be addressed is leaving his personal items out in the open.

xissy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that's about his age. why don't you just make joke about it randomly, and see what his face says )