FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Parenting multiples re EDD Nov/Dec 2014

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
    RitaM
    undisturbed

Post Thanks / Like
    About the feeding. We were on the schedule very early on, probably from week 2. At first it was every 3 hours, then (and up till now) it's every 4 hours. Then from 12 weeks we eat 4 times between 7 am and 7 pm (every 4 hours) and nothing in the night. We always eat at the same time and always tandem feed. First the boob if somebody can give me the babies, then the bottle. If no one can give me the babies, I'd just feed bottle. For the bottle feed we use Fisher Price infant to toddler rocking chairs. Starting from week 22 babies started holding the bottles themselves, so it's very convenient now. If we're out, we feed in the car seats.

2. Advertisement

hopesforbebe
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    Anonymous- Thanks ill try using my reclining chairs and put towels to hold bottle. Although I think they are tad too small for this yet they are 8.5 pounds.

Hokie- that's a good read. One of my twins can be put down anywhere anytime anyway he's sooo easy. The other is the one keeps me up wants to be on my arm or just will cry everytime we try to put him down at night!

Rita- that's a good feeding schedule. I'm every 3 hour all the time still trying to get a few 4 hours .. I get some daytime but not nighttime !

RitaM
    undisturbed

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi ladies, how are you doing? Do you have any milestones to share? My twins are 6 month old now and they started crawling. One time I was sitting with them on the floor eating banana. One of them crawled to me and took a bite. So, both tried bananas by now. Couple of days ago we tried a carrot and that was a bad idea. One vomited for the next day and we ended up in the ER. Doctor said it's all fine, just too much too fast. Plus carrots and papayas apparently have this effect.

Also, we took a trip to the US which involved a 24 hour flight each way (with stops). Flying with twins is crazy. It's like flying with an infant by yourself plus you also have to track the other baby who is with the husband. I also had to pump. Good thing my twins suddenly became very social on this trip (before they either didn't pay attention to people or cried). And everywhere we showed up, people thought the twins were so cute. So I had a line of people to help my husband with them while I was pumping. One bad thing we discovered is that with twins we had to seat in different rows or different sections of the row. It's because they only have 1 more oxygen mask in each section of the row so the other twin has to be in another section. If we were lucky, we could get seats across the aisle. But on one flight I had an aisle seat and my husband had a middle seat in a different row. And no one wanted to move. This was a really bad 10 hour flight. Good thing the 3 people next to me played with my 1 twin while I pumped. So, to avoid this in the future we'll probably buy a separate ticket for 1 twin even before they are 2yo so that we can all sit together.

hokiegrad2001
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    How's everyone doing? Busy busy here. I wanted to check in though bc it's been a long time. My sons are 8 months old now. The smaller baby rolls all over the house and sits pretty well now. I think we are close to crawling. The larger baby (80th percentile) has bad reflux so hated tummy time for the longest...it took him until just a few weeks ago to really master rolling both directions and though he can sit unsupported he doesn't do it often. I think he's a little lazy! I am concerned he is pretty delayed with gross motor skills but know he will get there with practice and patience.

Bryce cut his first tooth a few weeks ago. Total sleep regression happened bc of it and we are still trying to get his sleep sorted out, he is only sleeping about 7-8 hours total at night and rarely napping more than 20 mins at a time. While he's always been a catnapper, I am a little worried he isn't getting enough sleep since he doesn't go get more during overnight.

Dylan sleeps about 9 hours a night and takes 2 45-55 min naps a day.

No big napper in this house! Makes it really hard to get enough sleep myself unless I go to bed at 8:00 when they do. They are up between 4-5 am daily! It's awful!
    Me - 34 - short luteal phase
    DH - 41 - low sperm count and poor morph
    Married 5 years; TTC for a little over 1 year
    1 canceled IUI
    3 IUIs - BFNs
    First IVF in Feb 2014! - ER 2/18 and ET between 2/21-2/23

hokiegrad2001
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Me - 34 - short luteal phase
    DH - 41 - low sperm count and poor morph
    Married 5 years; TTC for a little over 1 year