FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
RBA Pregnancy Graduates (Everyone Welcome!)

So Excited
    Can't wait to get this show on the road!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine

RBA Pregnancy Graduates (Everyone Welcome!)

A thread to keep us all connected once our miracles arrive

Edit - I changed the title so everyone is welcome to post as opposed to just RBA'ers…..the more support, the better!
    Last edited by So Excited; 03-11-2014 at 05:54 PM.
    Likes Medicmedic liked this post

2. Advertisement

ChocolateSaucy
    is feeling peaceful.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    Hello! Just popping over here so I can bookmark this page for the future. See you back on here in a few months! :-)
    Me - 43, single
    10/3/2013 - SET using DE at RBA
    10/9/2013 - BFP
    10/14/13 - Beta #1 11dp5dt: 811
    10/16/13 - Beta #2 13dp5dt: 1,575
    10/23/13 - Beta #3 20dp5dt: 11,213
    10/29/13 - first u/s 115 bpm, measuring 6w4d
    11/11/13 - 173, measuring 8w5d
    11/22/13 - 178, measuring 9w6d
    BOY!! Due 6/21
    Likes So Excited liked this post

So Excited
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine
    Guess I'll start….my little man was born on January 15th, weighing 7lb10oz. He will be 8 weeks tomorrow and is growing like a weed, wearing six month clothes already!

My pregnancy was relatively fine other than having gestational diabetes and two soft markers found on my anatomy scan (cyst on brain and calcification on the heart). Both markers were gone by my 32 week u/s.

I had some complications during delivery which saw both LO and I in different hospitals for 4 days. DH was a star, running back and forth between both places and bringing me updates, pics, etc. Recovery took some time on my part but babe was fine (his stay was to provide antibiotics as a precautionary measure because of my issues) and we are both now doing good.

Every day brings new joy…each new movement, new sound, etc, has my DH and i in total awe. In the last two weeks or so, LO has started to really focus when looking at us or his toys. He also started moving his head towards sounds around the same time. His newest thing in the past couple of days is smiling and laughing when talking to him….what a heart melter!

The main issue we've encountered is colic/gasiness. He was perfectly fine for the first three weeks or so and then the evening screaming started. We have tried EVERYTHING!!!! He is now on a hypoallergenic formula and daily probiotic drops. Both seem to help but he still has a lot of gas which causes tears every now and then. Our paediatrician has assured us that those LO's that peak with colic early, see it subside early and it should be gone by 12 weeks. Here's hoping that's true!

With regards to using a donor, the dominant gene must've been DH's as our LO is a spitting image of him….its crazy how much alike they look! Our donor was similar to my looks (blue eyes and blond hair) and DH has typical italian features (black hair and brown eyes). Babe has brown hair but its seem like it is being replaced with dirty blond, the same colour as mine.

Oh and another good conversation piece - who will be telling their LO's about using a donor to conceive? We definitely will be, I am a fairly open person to begin with and feel its best for our family

Anyhoo, looking forward to using this thread as a way to keep in touch with any parents with LO's conceived via donor
    Last edited by So Excited; 03-11-2014 at 06:29 PM.

Shmoop
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi So Excited, I won't be posting here for another 6 months (jeez! why does it take so LONG?) but just wanted to say how much I liked your post and am hoping for more updates! Sounds like you have an awesome little family. Has your son's colic improved, I hope?
    TTC since Jan 2009
    OE IVF #1 - Mar 2012 - BFN
    OE IVF #2 - Sep 2012 - BFP but fetal anomaly, D&E at 16wks
    DE IVF #1 & FET- May & Jun 2013 - crappy embryos - BFN
    DE IVF #2 - Nov 2013 - BFN
    DE IVF #2 FET - Feb 2014 - BFP!
    Beta #1 2/14/13 - 287
    Beta #2 2/17/13 - 1463
    Beta #3 2/24/13 - 28,793
    Baby girl due Oct 23rd!

So Excited
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine
    Hey Schmoop, welcome! That six months is going to fly by in a whirlwind and once your LO arrives, time will pass even faster so enjoy every moment of it We are at 12.5 weeks and yes, I can thankfully say the colic has pretty well passed. I think a lot of it had to do with figuring out his cues, mainly when he is tired. He goes from tired to overtired in seconds…then no one gets any peace or sleep LOL!!! Anyways, looking forward to having you back in this group once the time is right!
    Likes Shmoop liked this post

Okok1
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    So Exited hi! Good to read your LO left colic behind, I think mine will be better soon, he also has gas and tummy aches. He eats a lot, he has almost doubled his birth weight at 12 weeks! Its great to find this thread I hope tonread more from you soon :-)

So Excited
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine
    Sorry for the delayed response, I didn't see this post until now. The colic is gone! LO is 16 weeks tomorrow and we are currently dealing with the four month sleep regression As I type, I've been rubbing his tummy for an hour trying to get him to sleep....if it's not one thing, it's another I'm learning pretty fast! Other than the sleep issue, it's fascinating to watch him grow and change daily. He's just recently started rolling from tummy to back but I think it's cuz he hates tummy time so much!

How is your LO doing? I'm assuming you used DE's? Where did you cycle?