FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Walter Reed IVF 2018

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Patient-One
    LET THE JOURNEY CONTINUE!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    Best of luck to you ladies. I cycled at WR in August 2015, transferred one and froze one. Both blast. They mostly do 5 day transfer the reasoning behind it is if it last 5 days then it will survive once it's implanted. Their policy under normal circumstances is only to transfer one embryo. I had 12 or 13 eggs but one was transferred and one froze. I did a FET with a clinic in San Antonio Texas in June 2016 which is successful cesarean scheduled for this Friday. The fresh cycle with WR was also successful. After the orientation at WR, if you pay you will be added to the list for that cycle. You will not be added onto a payment is in full.

2. Advertisement

ps4u2luv
    trying to conceive #2

Post Thanks / Like
    PatientOne,
    Thanks for the information, and CONGRATULATIONS on your prior and current success! That gives me hope. I received an email today that the nurse is reviewing my labs and I will get a call to schedule orientation once that's complete. I hope everything is done so I can pay and get added to the cycle right away. Good luck on Friday!
    Me= 41 (fibroids/hydrosalpinx/tubal scarring x2)
    DH=34 (no issues)
    Surgery= Myomectomy (Dec 09)/ Lap/Hys (Jan 11)
    IVF/ FET#1 (May2016)= BFN
    FET #2 (July2016)= BFP (MC @ 8wks)
    FET #3 (Oct2016)= BFN
    FET #4 (Dec2016)= BFP
    Rainbow BG born @26wks (May2017)
    Thanks Patient-One thanked for this post

erica003
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Patient One! This Friday? So exciting! Thanks for the information, I am new to IVF and its good to learn more about WR practices and also hear of their (your) successes.

ps4u2luv, it would be great to have a cycle buddy! Keep me updated on your orientation date - it is sounding very promising . I would be staying at my sister-in-law's house in Fairfax, VA which I think would be less than an hour to WR. Are you stationed in VA? My husband transferred from the Army to the Coast Guard so we moved from Washington State to Florida last year. Funny enough I worked at Madigan before we moved, and gave birth to my daughter there so it would be a familiar place to go. However, it seems that WR has a great program too.

I just had my laprascopy today and everything looked completely normal which gives me mixed feelings of course because I still have the unexplained infertility diagnosis. I had already mentally prepared for having to go towards IVF so I guess its not too big of a disappointment.
    Thanks Patient-One thanked for this post

Patient-One
    LET THE JOURNEY CONTINUE!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    I stayed at the lodge or the inn there at WR during my egg retrieval (ER) and checked out after the egg transfer (ET). The price was reasonable. I'm Army and I was stationed in Aberdeen. I would drive at about 0500 or so for my blood draw to beat the traffic which took about 2.5 hours.

I had a cycle in San Antonio, TX with the Army ending in ***ments*** premature labor and b/g twin loss in 2012. I liked those guys.***end ments***

Love the price package the military offers.
    Last edited by Patient-One; 02-20-2018 at 10:37 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12