FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
New here, feel like I'm losing my mind!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jennycb21
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

New here, feel like I'm losing my mind!

Hi everyone. I've read several posts, but just made an account and decided I could seriously use some support. As of next month (February) we will have been ttc for 3 years! Secondary infertility, normally irregular periods (regular since starting clomid), all tests clear (HCG, hormones, pcos, sperm, etc).

Basically I stopped ovulating regularly on my own. Started clomid June 2013, 4 cycles of just clomid with my dose getting to 150mg. Then a one month break, then Nov 2013, first round of clomid, trigger shot and IUI. December was just clomid (since they were closed for IUI when I would have needed one due to Christmas). I should be getting my period tomorrow and then this month they are switching me to femara with IUI to see if I do better on Femara.

Hubby is leaving in May, TDY, so I kind of feel like we have a deadline (get preggers by May and try when he gets back in Nov or freeze and do it on my own). On top of which we may be PCSing once he gets back.

It's all so stressful! I get so excited and hopeful every month, the tww feels like torture and then I get painfully heartbroken, and I feel like its worse with the "anniversary of trying" approaching.
    Anyways, I guess I just needed to vent.

Thanks!!

2. Advertisement

jhowabout1
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Shocked
    I'm sorry your having a difficult time TTC. But that's what we are here for. I have cycled with frozen sperm while my husband was deployed. TTC is never easy and deployments make it harder. I know what you mean by elicited and hopeful. I called it the roller coaster of emotions. It seems like up and down. Good luck on your IUI this month.

Jennycb21
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! I am considering the frozen route, I suppose I'd rather do something about it while he's gone instead of just waiting longer to keep moving forward. It is the roller coaster of emotions, though I normally like roller coasters.

Good luck to you too and thanks for being my first responder, I always worry I'll be sending my messages out into a void. Are you at Bragg?

jhowabout1
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Yes. I'm at Bragg. You? I have nothing but good things to say about the RE at Bragg!

Jennycb21
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    We're at Meade, an hours drive to Bethesda, which is nice. They are great there as well! We may be PSCing this fall, should know more in a few months. How do you like Bragg otherwise? We drove through last summer and the base seemed huge, took us forever to find the PX...lol.

Ashley_VA07
    hopeful
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    Hey jenny ! If you ever need someone to talk to I am in Alexandria and going through fertility issues as well. My boyfriend is ex military so I understand the troubles.
    Me (27) PCOS and possible endometriosis
    BF (35) SA perfect
    2013 started diet and herbal treatments
    2014-15 6 rounds of Clomid, 6 Rounds of Femera all BFN
    2016-First IUI scheduled in May
    Likes Jennycb21 liked this post

Jennycb21
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Ashley! How are you feeling? On the oh so lovely roller coaster as well?

Ashley_VA07
    hopeful
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    It's tough.. I have PCOS and endometriosis so I do not ovulate and I can't find an RE that is willing to help me bc I am not married over weight and 24.
    BF (35) SA perfect

Jennycb21
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW! Not willing to help? Ridiculous considering age means nothing and it should be more of a concern since you're young and can't "blame it on age" (I'm 29, they always say that's great because treatments should be more successful), overweight my ass (excuse me), but I've known plenty women that get pregnant while being overweight (I am overweight and my doctor hasn't said anything, I was the one to mention it and she didn't seem concerned). As far as not married, that shouldn't be any of their business, plenty of people are single and want to have babies, if you have a supportive bf on the same page, isn't that a plus? Sorry, I can be mad for you!

Ashley_VA07
    hopeful
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    Ya you would think it shouldn't matter since it's out of pocket anyway. Since my bf is still a government worker his insurance covers up to 25k if we are married but I don't want to have to rush engagement or marriage just to get preg. That's why we decided to go herbal first than take it from there
    BF (35) SA perfect

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast