FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
I have a vent that I think  would go here.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    3 ladybugs
    has no status.
    IVF, Child loss, Cancer & IF
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Doh

I have a vent that I think would go here.

Today I got an automated message from Face-book saying that I haven't been on in a while. Yeah I don't go on there because my family is full of drama and I have enough of that in my own life. For some reason I went there today. I found out that my cousin (dad's brother's daughter who is 6 weeks older then me) is getting married today. I knew it was coming soon so I didn't think much of it other then to think, it is strange that she is getting married on my father's birthday. Then I thought, I bet since I wasn't invited, that my father wasn't either.

So I called dad for his birthday and asked him if he was getting ready for the big party. He said no, he was watching JJ (my sister) ice skate (she is only in 2nd grade but seems to have some degree of talent for it). Then he asked "what big party?" I told him that it was C's wedding day. He too thought it was odd that she was getting married on his birthday but confirmed that he wasn't invited. He also thought it was odd because yesterday he talked to R (dad's brother and C's father) and the wedding was spoken about in general terms but nothing was said about it being today.

So I am thinking that dad and I just lost a large section of his family. I mean last time I was out there (2 years ago) no one on dad's side of the family wanted to see me (before that I hadn't been out there in about 3 years) so I guess that speaks volumes for the family. I am also reminded that when I got married (out here, family is in WA and OR) I invited everyone (including C and R) even though I didn't expect them to even come to the wedding or even send a gift (which they didn't do). I just thought it was polite to do so.

Anyway this whole thing upset me because it makes me realize that dad's family is even more messed up then I thought.
    Jennifer (36) - Final try FET Nov. 12, 2012. You can follow my story at: www.OurUnplannedLife.com (Caution child, child loss, and cancer mentioned in blog)

2. Advertisement

sun8
    is busy!!!
    BC Frozen Embryo Transfers (FET)
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Well I would NEVER get a message froom FB saying I havent been there......I spend waaaayyyy too much time on FB...

BUT..you know...you CAN go and unfriend all of them and then FB might be fun again!!!
    Christene (36),
    dh (38)
    IVF #1-Chemical PG
    Natural Cycle FET #1 BFP born 4/07
    Natural Cycle FET#2...BFN
    Medicted FET #3...BFN
    Natural Cycle FET#4..BFP Born 5/09

3boys2luv
    is melting!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by BC-sun8 View Post
    BUT..you know...you CAN go and unfriend all of them and then FB might be fun again!!!

I'm not on FB, but that was my first thought, too. Dump all their rears off there and have fun!
    Raising children is like being pecked to death by chickens.

3 ladybugs
    has no status.
    IVF, Child loss, Cancer & IF
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Doh
    Don't you think that unfriending them all would be me stooping to their level? I mean I would rather take the high ground on this. They already think I have aires because I live in New Jersey after all and everyone knows EVERYONE who lives out here is rich.
    Jennifer (36) - Final try FET Nov. 12, 2012. You can follow my story at: www.OurUnplannedLife.com (Caution child, child loss, and cancer mentioned in blog)