FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
What are some things that NEED to be worked on in your relationship?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Erica J.
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What are some things that NEED to be worked on in your relationship?

DH and I are doing good and he is doing everything to make up for it. I told you guys about my DVD gift and then he come home on my Birthday Thursday with Flowers and a card that brought me to tears. He has NOT bought me Flowers in 15 YEARS!!! Last l=night he came home with the meat tenderizer I had been wanting. With all the gifts he keeps bringing me I really wish he would just sit down and TALK to me about what is going on what went on and how to get through it. I love the gifts, who wouldn't BUT I would love good old fashion communication!

Communication is the number one issue we need to work on.

2. Advertisement

Sconi
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    DH needs to be home more and take on the responsibilities he said he wanted. Needs to stop spending money on recreation!!!
    Me (30 something)
    TTC #1 for 14 months after not trying for 2 years.
    Bella was born 4/17/06!!

solo
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    dh needs to watch what he spends money on.
    "ranger" our dear One born oct 2006
    loved and missed.
    I own my own business. Ask me how you can too!!!!!!!!!!!!

angeleyes2blue
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    our biggest issue is communication also. i'm an attacker, he's a runner. BAD combination. we're attending a marriage class together (oddly, it's initiated more fights, but i guess that means we're talking) and both attending 12 step meetings to aid in his ____ addiction recovery. slow slow progress. i'm so impatient!!
    Me 28 & DH 30 Married 8/8/02
    Mom to Trey - 11/29/07
    My Family Blog

BC-NanceLee
    is the chirpy moderator of the Over 35 Board
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I have to find some wood to knock on, because right now we are in a really, really good place. We will celebrate 8 years of marriage on Valentine's Day. The first two years we dealt with overt jealousy and insecurity issues, the next two years I thought everything was perfect, but the insecurity had just gone underground. It blew up in the 5th year and we separated for a few months. Since we got back together spring of 2006 it has honestly just gotten better and better.

Yea, where is that wood?!
    If you have any questions about your fertility treatment or doctor, the Patient Care Advocates may be able to help.

Me fifty-freakin' eight! DH 38, Max 25, Cole 20
    The only choice in life is love vs. fear. I choose love. ALWAYS.

Change is inevitable, growth is intentional. - Unknown

BC-NanceLee
    is the chirpy moderator of the Over 35 Board
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Angel at least you know your styles and are working with it - that puts you guys lightyears ahead of most couples!
    If you have any questions about your fertility treatment or doctor, the Patient Care Advocates may be able to help.

Me fifty-freakin' eight! DH 38, Max 25, Cole 20
    The only choice in life is love vs. fear. I choose love. ALWAYS.

Change is inevitable, growth is intentional. - Unknown

angeleyes2blue
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    well, i know what our communication styles are. dh refuses to accept his responsibility in our issues. classic "runner". he thinks running from issues is a healthy way to handles things.
    Me 28 & DH 30 Married 8/8/02
    Mom to Trey - 11/29/07
    My Family Blog

MT_firegirl
    is TTC
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would have to say that our biggest problem is probably ME and insecurity. He'll come home from a rough day at work and because he's quiet, I have a tendency to automatically assume that he's upset with me or that I've done something to anger him.

I know that I shouldn't assume, but I came from a long relationship where I had similar stuff and he WOULD be mad at me. I would just have to tread lightly until I found out why. It was a scary situation to be in, waiting for the fight and throwing stuff to start.

Lucky for me, J seems to sense when I start to tense up like that and says that I have annxiety in my eyes, and makes sure that I realize that he's not angry or otherwise, he's just stressed and tired.

I really try to work on that, and not just assume, but some days, its difficult.
    Kelcey and James
    Whitefish, Montana
    TTC #1 for 14 years
    my two teensy angels

"Life is not defined by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away"

Erica J.
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Well, DH and I made some progress this wknd. We talked and talked and yes, it has allot to do with work and the puppy who is constantly pooping ALL over the house and eating EVERYTHING. I am sure there is more but that is what he shared. He has to fire two guys today(1 day shift 1 nights) and that is always hard on him. He feels so bad when he lets somebody go ...even when it is LONG over due!

He stopped into work for a bit on Saturday and did a spot check on a few machines and he found that TWO SHIFTS didn't check their parts after changing a cutting tool and now there are over 150 bad parts on a job that only puts out 1 per 20 minutes and job is due to go out tomorrow! He is just not happy with any of them right now and but at least he telling me and venting to me about it instead of keeping it in!

Now that is improvement!!

CrystalAZ
    has a status! Booyah!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    My gut response is "communication", but I fear that we have fundamental differences in what we want and what we think marriage should be.

I don't know what is going to happen. Some days are great, some not so much.

Crystal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast