FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
What was it about your DH/SO that First attracted you to him?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Erica J.
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What was it about your DH/SO that First attracted you to him?

With my DH, it was the way I would watch him and notice what a observer he was(just like me). He was always the sober driver for his friends as he NEVER drank but always came to the parties we threw(my roomies and I). Now I know why .He was always quiet....at first. I quickly learned he was the one with the brains of the group and he was so shy and sexy I had to snatch him up before someboy else did . I can't understand how somebody had not by then but that was because he was WAITING for ME .

So, all in all, I was attracted to his quiet shyness and sexy eyes!

2. Advertisement

Caligal
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Honestly, his looks! I was like OMG!!! This guy is F'N gorgeous! And he had the most beautiful blue eyes...though at first I thought they were green...oops!
    Me 42 DH 51

Ryan 5/22/08 thru IVF
    Cole 3/23/10 Natural surprise pregnancy

In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities

BC-NanceLee
    is the chirpy moderator of the Over 35 Board
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Ha Caligal, I can say the very same thing -except mine's eyes are brown! He was working the cash register in my company cafeteria. I suddenly developed a ton of reasons to go back and buy something else to eat or drink! I have always been a sucker for latin men, and that first look at him arrested me on the spot.
    If you have any questions about your fertility treatment or doctor, the Patient Care Advocates may be able to help.

Me fifty-freakin' eight! DH 38, Max 25, Cole 20
    The only choice in life is love vs. fear. I choose love. ALWAYS.

Change is inevitable, growth is intentional. - Unknown

CrystalAZ
    has a status! Booyah!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    We met on Match.com, so we talked online before we ever saw each other in person. He was interesting to talk to and we had a lot of interests in common. He was also sweet and geeky and kinda inexperienced with women, which I have always found attractive in men. Then I saw his photo and said "wow, he's cute!" We met in person for dinner and never stopped talking... he was fun to talk to.

I am still attracted to him, but we are having lots of problems. Thinking back to when we first met and how exciting it was to fall in love, it is really sad how things have gotten now.

Crystal

Hugs to you .
    Last edited by Erica J.; 01-05-2009 at 09:24 PM.

BC-NanceLee
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Oh hon, I SO want things to get better for you.

((((((hugs)))))))

NL
    If you have any questions about your fertility treatment or doctor, the Patient Care Advocates may be able to help.

katrack
    has no status.
    Decorating/Gardening/Mormon Boards
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Busy
    Dh was/is the kindest person I know. He will talk and listen, he's a gentleman, has lovely manners, is very slow to anger, and is the perfect match for me.

(Okay, okay those of you who know him from the Debate Board can stop laughing now. Every single thing I have written is the truth. )
    dd (10), dd & dd (12), ds (22), dd (24) + dgs (5 & 2), ds (27)

Our words reveal our refinements; they tell the discerning listener of the company we have kept; they are the hallmarks of education and culture. - Dale Carnegie

BC-NanceLee
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Snort - we know that is just his alter ego over there!

MT_firegirl
    is TTC
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was his shirt...or rather the way he filled it out....shoulders like a mack truck and arms that seemed to barely fit in the sleeves...and then I looked up and these gorgeous dark chocolate eyes with beautiful lashes that kind of smirked at me. And his first line was ..."So, I guess I'm supposed to be your snowboarding instructor" and he started laughing and said..."you can stop looking at me like a piece of steak at any time".. I was instantly red (am I really THAT transparent??) and kind of stammered some dumb reason why I needed an instructor and he patted my butt (like a football pat) and said, "well off you go" and promptly shoved me face first into a huge pile of snow. And then he said "That was lesson #1..how to fall...you did ok, we'll work on it"

the rest is history I guess...lol

(he still thinks its funny when I catch the front edge of my snowboard and land face first in a snow pile though)
    Kelcey and James
    Whitefish, Montana
    TTC #1 for 14 years
    my two teensy angels

"Life is not defined by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away"

angeleyes2blue
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Crystal, so sorry times are tough

MT_Firegirl, I LOVE your first meeting story. So funny!!

I saw DH first and we joke that it was love at first *head nod*. I looked at him across a few pews at church and he nodded his head at me. It was over from there. I invited him and his roommates over to my house the next night and we were inseparable ever since. Things have gotten rocky for us too, but we have just renewed our commitment (informally) to one another and are starting to get to know each other again. It's been quite fun!
    Me 28 & DH 30 Married 8/8/02
    Mom to Trey - 11/29/07
    My Family Blog

Cat Mom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    MT - funny story...feel free to share pics!!!

Crystal - I'm sorry you and DH are having troubles.

For me, it was DH's personality. He has a very strong personality and can be very vocal when he feels he's right. He does not back down from people and has no problem saying how he feels about things. We have a lot in common and he really is my best friend. He never really even asked me on a date, but told me we were going on a date. I thought, ok, I'll go...just because. We had a good time, but I was leaving to go back to college and had my mind on that. When I got to my apartment at college, I found he had mailed me a can of mace spray to protect myself because during our date I had mentioned there had been some attacks of women at college during the summer and it scared me because I had several night classes. I called to thank him and we've been together ever since.
    Tiffany (36) DH (44)
    IVF#2, Baden Troy born 11/11/06
    Natural Surprise, Alexandra Elyse 2/14/08

www.custommetalart.etsy.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast