FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Ugh!!!!!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Carol J
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Ugh!!!!!

I hate to be a whiner but i know you ladies won't mind.

I should have titled this.... Why we eat dinner out!

Last night we get off work at 7:00 and dh says do you mind if we by the AT&T store? Of course i mind i was planning to cook dinner and i am tired, but i kindly say no problem since i know he has his heart set on a certain phone that he can't wait to purchase. Anyway 45 mins later we leave without the phone since it is not in yet. Hmmmm now see a girl would have called ahead to be sure it was in.
    So long story short(i know too late for that) we get home at 8:30. I let the dog out and take out the water hose to water my dead plants. lol Then i go in and start supper. Now for those of you who don't know me you must realize that I DO NOT COOK! That is not to say i CAN'T Cook, but i don't! We eat out 7 days a week usually so i was really making an effort here. Dh gets the mail sits at the table and proceeds to read to me all that is happening in the world from the newspaper he is reading. I am frustrated and keep being snarky hoping he will take the hint and either shut up or help me. Alas he did neither. So i serve him the dinner that i nuked, poured, and mashed to death with my own two loving hands. LOL As we are eating i ask if he wants a drink, he says sure. Then there is this silence.... i say well would you like to tell me what you want or am i to guess?!?! yes sarcasm is my friend. So he says whatever you got. So i get up and get him a soda. THEN my meatloaf was still cold from the microwave and he says hey this is too cold still. I said well do you want me to reheat it more? He says i don't care. Now what the hell do you do with that kinda answer?!?! 20 seconds pass and he is eating, so i say do you want me to heat that or not?!?! yes again i used a sarcastic tone, ok not proud of that one. He gets up and reheats it himself while i tell him how from the table. So while sitting there waiting i realize i need to take responsibilty and own up to why i am being mean, it is not like he can read my mind and know. (yes i did have a clear moment then) When i start to tell him though he blows up and says that I don't need to speak to him at all, that i have been rude all evening and he is fed up. Then he adds... and by the way your dinner sucks! GRRRRRR now i am mad again and i leave the table. When he has finished his dinner we do talk about it all and he tells me that if i wanted help then i should have asked but that dinner did suck. lol He tells me he has never seen a woman get dinner on the table in 30 monutes. I tell him geez it is 9:00 and you expected me to make meatloaf from scratch?!?! He says no but we could have eaten out!!!!!!!

So dear ladies the moral of my tale of woe is this.... When you are running late (or early) be sure to tell your dh exactly what you want when you are ordering from the menu!!!!!

2. Advertisement

CalleyD
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, that is too funny. You just described a typical day with me and DH. I too don't cook (like you not that I can't, I just don't). So we too eat out several days a week and the other days are just cereal nights. Much easier to say, "pass the milk please."
    Me (36) DH (38)
    Still ttc #1 - 9 yrs
    IVF #1 - BFN; FET #1 - BFP (abd. ectopic/loss);
    IVF #2 - BFN; IVF #3 - Summer 2010
    Mom to the World's 2 Coolest Mutts

Zachary Nicholas (11/04/08)

K2CSweetie
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am the same way LOL..I can cook but its not my favorite thing to do and so I seldom do it. If I have to cook I will, other than that I just don't do it.
    However we don't eat out much because he loves to cook and does nearly all of the cooking here. HE cooks, and I do the clean up afterwards which sometimes make me wish we'd just went out to eat!

CalleyD
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I let DH cook, all we would eat is shredded wheat cereal, boiled rice and tuna fish. Seriously, that is all the man eats unless we go out! I thought firefighters were supposed to cook??? I was duped!!!
    Me (36) DH (38)
    Still ttc #1 - 9 yrs

MT_firegirl
    is TTC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CalleyD
    I thought firefighters were supposed to cook??? I was duped!!!

Ha Ha...Foolish mortal....you've fallen into the trap of all firefighter spouses....LOL We, as firefighters, don't cook.....that's why we marry!!!
    Kelcey and James
    Whitefish, Montana
    TTC #1 for 14 years
    my two teensy angels

"Life is not defined by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away"

CalleyD
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too funny! Yeah, I used him too. I told him I was only marrying him for his vast riches that I knew he was hiding from me...... hmmm, still looking.....

I like your firefighter smiley too, where did you get it?

Oh, and may I say thank you for your thankless job that you have. I think that only public safety families can appreciate that.
    Me (36) DH (38)
    Still ttc #1 - 9 yrs

CalleyD
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know if I should be concerned, but....

I caught DH in bed with another woman the other morning....

Me (36) DH (38)
    Still ttc #1 - 9 yrs