FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
long and hoping for advice

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    nicci
    stressed
    Post Thanks / Like

long and hoping for advice

Ok most everyone knows my marriage has been on the rocks for awhile now. I am emotionally not here anymore. I just don't know what to do anymore. I want to leave but dont at the same time. I don't know if I love my husband anymore. I have a hard time just looking at him. I have been talking to someone else for a year now. We are friends he was having a hard time in his marriage too. His wife left him when he was over in Iraq serving. So we have been talking. I think I am falling for him. He is so sweet to me. My husband thinks I should stay home and do nothing. I have been married for 12 years now. And most of that time was not good. My husband is a recovering Alc. He has spent alot of time in jail. I am so stressed in our marriage right now. The only thing he thinks about is sex. Thats it. I don't want it. I have no interest in it. I dont know if I moved out if that would help for awhile or make it worse. I made an appt to go and talk to someone next week but they want us both there. I want to go just me for awhile. I need to figure stuff out. I am so tired of fighting. I just want to feel good again. does that make sense.

2. Advertisement

frdzgrl
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really think you should go and talk to soemoene yourself first---at least that way you can air things out and get an independent opinion. In my personal opinion, before you get more involved with the other person you've been talkign to, you need to decide if you want to be married or not. Somewhere there is a post about having emotional affairs--not saying you are but you might want to read it. Good luck to you!! Marriage things never seem to be easy!
    -Nikki

DD: 10-6-2006
    DS: 10-22-2008

SmilingHelps
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nicci,

(Hug)... First of all, I am so sorry you are going through this. Marriage is very difficult, and we all know what it feels like to struggle. I think it's a great idea to see a counselor for yourself. Not only can that person give you an outside opinion into the situation, but he or she will also be a great advocate. Sometimes it seems as is the grass is greener on the other side, but it isn't always. My heart goes out to you. I understand and really feel your frustration. I wish there was more we could do for you. If you ever want to vent or talk more about your situation, we are here...

Jen
    Courage is not freedom from Fear.
    It is being afraid and continuing on.
    www.photobucket.com/jenniferandmia

angeleyes2blue
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    nicci, i'm new to the thread and wanted to see if any resolution came of your appt? how are things now with DH?
    Me 28 & DH 30 Married 8/8/02
    Mom to Trey - 11/29/07
    My Family Blog