FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
I think I love my kids more than my husband...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Dublin
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I love my kids more than my husband...

Today was my birthday. DH made sure it was special. But the biggest thrill I got was how DS (age 5) was into it. He made sure I had a "princess" party. He got me a barbie balloon, princess plates, cups and napkins. He got me a special pair of earrings. He was so proud and even cried when he gave me the earrings. He kept calling me "birthday girl" and kept telling me over and over that he loved me. That was the best present I could have received. I know that Dh played a part in it, and made sure that DS's wishes were honored when he was picking out my stuff but I am more happy, excited? because of DS.

It is sad in a way, because I remember when DH could ignite these same feelings. DH and I haven't had sex since October 2006. I'm sure this is one of the reasons that DH no longer ignites any feelings in me other than friendship.

Sad because I know he loves me. He's a great father but there is nothing in the bedroom. Counseling hasn't helped. Me talking to him hasn't helped. Sad that I'm living this way.

2. Advertisement

SmilingHelps
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry that you were reminded of these feelings on your birthday. It's wonderful that you had such a special birthday, but I am so sorry that you are also reminded of the distance that you have with your dh. I don't have any advice to give. It sounds like you are already aware of the situation and are attempting to "fix" it. If only we could make everything go away and live the perfect lives... I know how it feels, and my heart goes out to you...
    Courage is not freedom from Fear.
    It is being afraid and continuing on.
    www.photobucket.com/jenniferandmia

Cat Mom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    First, Happy Birthday! It sounds like your DS is a great little guy who loves his Mommy very much and wants to see her happy.

However, I'm sorry to hear that you and DH have issues in the bedroom. One of the first things I thought of was have either or both of you been medically tested to make sure everything is ok? Are there any medications either of you are taking that would hinder your desire? That is the only other thing I could think of if counseling and open communication haven't helped.

Hugs to you.
    Tiffany (36) DH (44)
    IVF#2, Baden Troy born 11/11/06
    Natural Surprise, Alexandra Elyse 2/14/08

www.custommetalart.etsy.com