FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Done being a doormat

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    SmilingHelps
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Done being a doormat

Well, I have reached my breaking point. I am done negotiating with my husband. I am done being a doormat. My husband wants to use my daughter as a negotiation ploy and I simply am not going to allow that. He has stalked me, harrassed me, stolen from me, and now he is using my daughter for gain in this divorce. I have done everything that I can without fighting back legally, and now I have no choice.

Something has clicked inside of me. I am done bending over backwards and trying to talk sense into my ex-husband. I am ready to fight for my daughter. I am ready to fight for our life. Amazingly, it feels really good - as if I've been freed from the worry and upset of it all.

Please keep me in your prayers if you pray... I'm going to head to battle if necessary and I'm going to need God behind me.
    Courage is not freedom from Fear.
    It is being afraid and continuing on.
    www.photobucket.com/jenniferandmia

2. Advertisement

BC-NanceLee
    is the chirpy moderator of the Over 35 Board
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    You go, girl! I am SO GLAD to read this. You are the second friend who has reached a place of peace after making a decision to stop trying to learn the rules of the manipulative games the husband has made up. There is another friend who isn't there yet who I hope will be soon.

You play YOUR game now.

((hugs))

NL
    If you have any questions about your fertility treatment or doctor, the Patient Care Advocates may be able to help.

Me fifty-freakin' eight! DH 38, Max 25, Cole 20
    The only choice in life is love vs. fear. I choose love. ALWAYS.

Change is inevitable, growth is intentional. - Unknown

SgtMom
    has no status.
    Life's Journey, Colic and Education
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BC-NanceLee
    You go, girl! I am SO GLAD to read this. You are the second friend who has reached a place of peace after making a decision to stop trying to learn the rules of the manipulative games the husband has made up. There is another friend who isn't there yet who I hope will be soon.

You play YOUR game now.

((hugs))

NL
    What she said ... with a narcissist, you only "win" when you start playing by your own rules which will lead to self-preservation and complete disregard for his needs and personal growth - he is not your concern anymore. BRAVO!
    Married almost 9 years, together 11 years

IF issues - too many; tx- lots

Amazing 5yo daughter through the gift of domestic adoption!

Me: 43, ex-cop Dh: 56, computer guy

DD: 5, future diver for the Monterey Bay Aquarium

Dublin
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! Keep getting stronger. You will be a great role model for your daughter!!!!