FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Anniversary gifts

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    frdzgrl
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Anniversary gifts

does anyone have good, creative ideas for an anniversary gift? Our anniversary is in 2 weeks, nothing big, but DH can't tell me if we're exchanging gifts, so I need to get rolling--in case he says yes and I end up with no time searching!

Last year, our DD had just arrived so we went to dinner and gave each other a card.
    -Nikki

DD: 10-6-2006
    DS: 10-22-2008

2. Advertisement

dmbucky7
    is ready for a break...from LIFE!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    I didn't respond when I first saw this because I was hoping that some other ladies would have some good ideas to share with you... I'm pretty creative, but not when it comes to gifts for dh...I don't know why, but I just can't come up with anything that great...
    This past Ann. was our 5th. We had always talked about taking another mini-honeymoon but we just couldn't afford it. We actually couldn't even afford gifts, so I just made Dh his favorite cake and we watched our wedding video. Then, well...ok, you can use your imagination! LOL!!
    My dh works afternoons and doesn't get home til after 11pm. So, last year, I made a trail of paper hearts from the front door to our bedroom. Each heart had a little message on it ("I love you...XOXOXO,etc"). I was waiting under the covers for him. Those are about as creative as I've gotten...
    Hope someone else chimes in with something great!!
    DMB
    P&C - 10/07/04
    A - 10/15/08
    N - 9/23/09

Check us out on Facebook!! Hair Accessories and Jewelry with more to come!!
    Dreaming Tree Designs
    In need of gently used clothes? Check us out on Facebook - Bucky's Bin http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...51290688281344 We're a smoke-free, pet-free home.

Dublin
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    What year is it? DH and I would do gifts related to what the traditional or current theme was. One year it was cotton so I bought him a bunch of clothes. One year it was wood and we had our family name carved in wood to put up at the house. We try to make it creative without spending alot of money.

robine
    in line for the re education camp
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cold
    My anniversary is next Monday..I haven't even thought about a present.... it has been 19 years
    in
    When the loudest opponent of your policies achieves his greatest success because of them

BC-MAV
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator for Surrogacy BB
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    if he doesn't want anything or you can't think of anything like something for the house or yard, give him a nice card and a bj!

frdzgrl
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BC-MAV
    if he doesn't want anything or you can't think of anything like something for the house or yard, give him a nice card and a bj!

That's too funny!! I did get him a card and we decided no gifts. HALLEFREAKINGLUJAH!! The man has everything and what he doesn't have, he buys for himself.

However, I made him take 1/2 day off of work and got a sitter. We are getting our first couples massage and then out to dinner sans baby!! We'll be home early and to bed early I'm sure as he's been working late and so have I.

Also---I love the message in a bottle thing!! I added that link to my favorites to use on a vacation next year!!
    -Nikki

DD: 10-6-2006
    DS: 10-22-2008

solo
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    mine is tomm. and each year we have had plans something, illness, death, heart attacks, brother being ship out. has screwed up our annv. so this year inorder to keep the boils, bugs and brimestone away. I said no gifts, time at home with our pudge, and mommy will cook.
    so cook an amazing dinner for dh!!!
    "ranger" our dear One born oct 2006
    loved and missed.
    I own my own business. Ask me how you can too!!!!!!!!!!!!