FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Just how close are you to your spouse??

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MT_firegirl
    is TTC
    Post Thanks / Like

Just how close are you to your spouse??

So, I've been thinking about some of the ways my husband and I are close and I've often wondered how close other couples are.. so I thought a couple of questions for us all to answer might give us some perspective on how close other couples are. (feel free to add questions too! And feel free to not answer any that make you uncomfortable)

1. Do you feel any modesty being naked in front of your spouse?

2. Would you share a razor with your spouse? A toothbrush?

3. Do you use the bathroom if your spouse is taking a shower or do you wait?

4. Are you comfortable discussing super private things (feminine issues, a saucy dream) with your spouse?

5. Are you comfortable with your spouse opening your mail? a private correspondence? a journal? (not that they do, but how would you feel if they did?)

6. Would you be upset if you caught your spouse reading an email of yours that you had left open on your personal computer?

7. Would you be embarrassed if your spouse caught you plucking unsightly hairs?

8. If your spouse only ate half of a sandwich and offered you the other half (complete with teeth marks) would you eat it?
    Kelcey and James
    Whitefish, Montana
    TTC #1 for 14 years
    my two teensy angels

"Life is not defined by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away"

2. Advertisement

MT_firegirl
    is TTC
    Post Thanks / Like
    none at all...he nursed me through several surgeries, so he's seen the worst my body has to offer..lol

we share the same razor, but not the blades..(if that makes sense) the razor in the shower is always there, we just swap out the blades when either of us uses it. We have used the same razor before in emergency situations (when the airline lost his luggage, etc) and he always lets me use it 1st because he says his facial hair is coarser and will dull the razor faster

depends on what part of going to the bathroom I'm doing...lol

4. Are you comfortable discussing super private things (feminine issues, a saucy dream) with your spouse?
    absolutely..we have no shame

5. Are you comfortable with your spouse opening your mail? a private correspondence? a journal? (not that they do, but how would you feel if they did?)

I would be ok with the mail and correspondence, but I might be a little weird about the journal...

6. Would you be upset if you caught your spouse reading an email of yours that you had left open on your personal computer?
    nah..I have nothing to hide in my email

he's caught me before and I always quit when he's around, so I guess I'm a little embarassed by it. plucking eyebrows, not bad..anything else is private..lol

8. If your spouse only ate half of a sandwich and offered you the other half (complete with teeth marks) would you eat it?
    as long as its not something gross...lol (he likes salami..bleh!!)
    Kelcey and James
    Whitefish, Montana
    TTC #1 for 14 years
    my two teensy angels

"Life is not defined by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away"

CrystalAZ
    has a status! Booyah!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    No...

Razor - no problem.
    Toothbrush - only in an emergency. I wouldn't make a habit out of it.

Our toilet is behind its own door, so no problem. I always close the door and it drives me crazy when DH doesn't. Going to the bathroom is private IMO.

Feminine issues - no problem.
    Saucy things - only if I am ready for sex because it would definitely interest DH if I told him about a saucy dream.

Mail - no problem.
    Journal - While I have nothing to hide, I'd be very upset that he felt he needed to read it (does HE think I have something to hide??)

No.

Yes. He knows I do, but I still pluck in private.

I think PB&J is the only sandwich we have in common. As long as he wasn't eating a meat product at the same time, I don't mind sharing bites.

Crystal

SmilingHelps
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    absolutely... This is something that has to deal with me and less about him. I am self-conscious naturally and very modest. There are things about my body that I don't like, so I am always a little shy while naked.

Yes.

In the masterbathrom, our toilet has its own little room, so I usually have no problem going in there while dh is in the bathroom. He will always choose to use another bathroom if the situation is reversed though.

4. Are you comfortable discussing super private things (feminine issues, a saucy dream) with your spouse? yes.

5. Are you comfortable with your spouse opening your mail? a private correspondence? a journal? (not that they do, but how would you feel if they did?) Yes, although I would have issues with the journal. Journals are personal and private

6. Would you be upset if you caught your spouse reading an email of yours that you had left open on your personal computer? No...

7. Would you be embarrassed if your spouse caught you plucking unsightly hairs? No.

8. If your spouse only ate half of a sandwich and offered you the other half (complete with teeth marks) would you eat it? Yes.

tnahope
    has no status.
    High FSH and POF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1. Do you feel any modesty being naked in front of your spouse? not at all

2. Would you share a razor with your spouse? A toothbrush?razor yes, toothbrush only in an emergency

We have seperare bathrooms, so I dont.
    4. Are you comfortable discussing super private things (feminine issues, a saucy dream) with your spouse?saucy dream... probably not other than that there is nothing private between DH and I LOL

mail yes, I would be a bit upset about my journal
    6. Would you be upset if you caught your spouse reading an email of yours that you had left open on your personal computer?no

7. Would you be embarrassed if your spouse caught you plucking unsightly hairs?no

8. If your spouse only ate half of a sandwich and offered you the other half (complete with teeth marks) would you eat it? yes
    Me 37 DH 37
    IVF 1&3 Cancelled~IVF 2 BFN~IVF#4 BFP m/c ~IVF#5 converted to IUI BFN~IVF#6 BFN FET- None survived the thaw BC of the High FSH board

AMF
    thinks Molly's status is a hoot!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    None, he loves it~
    2. Would you share a razor with your spouse?
    Yes
    A toothbrush? No, yuck!
    No waiting necessary , but only because the commode is separated by a door.
    4. Are you comfortable discussing super private things (feminine issues, a saucy dream) with your spouse? Yes, I can tell him anything..he is much better about it than me!

A.)Mail is fine
    B.) My journal? NO way! If he did, I would be very embarrassed by my thoughts sometimes...I have said it before, I am ashamed at how mean I have been in the past.
    6. Would you be upset if you caught your spouse reading an email of yours that you had left open on your personal computer?Nope, don't mind at all.

7. Would you be embarrassed if your spouse caught you plucking unsightly hairs?Nope.

8. If your spouse only ate half of a sandwich and offered you the other half (complete with teeth marks) would you eat it? No, it's the same to be as a toothbrush...just don't want to go there!

BC-NanceLee
    is the chirpy moderator of the Over 35 Board
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    1. Do you feel any modesty being naked in front of your spouse? Not at all

2. Would you share a razor with your spouse? A toothbrush? I do all the time! We use the same razor always; each others' toothbrushes if we forget ours on vacation or something.

3. Do you use the bathroom if your spouse is taking a shower or do you wait? We are in there together all the time doing whatever (unless we know we will make the air uninhabitable for the other!)

4. Are you comfortable discussing super private things (feminine issues, a saucy dream) with your spouse? Yes

5. Are you comfortable with your spouse opening your mail? a private correspondence? a journal? (not that they do, but how would you feel if they did?) I prefer he not but that is based on old history where I felt violated in this way and am now extra protective of my writings, old cards, etc.

Nope. In fact it would maybe be a good thing; he could learn a lot from my emails! Anyway I often forward them to him.
    7. Would you be embarrassed if your spouse caught you plucking unsightly hairs? Heck no - he plucks the chin ones FOR me with his teeth!
    8. If your spouse only ate half of a sandwich and offered you the other half (complete with teeth marks) would you eat it? Probably not but only because I don't like sandwiches! Seriously though, I would eat a half-chewed chicken leg or anything, even take over his bubble gum!
    If you have any questions about your fertility treatment or doctor, the Patient Care Advocates may be able to help.

Me fifty-freakin' eight! DH 38, Max 25, Cole 20
    The only choice in life is love vs. fear. I choose love. ALWAYS.

Change is inevitable, growth is intentional. - Unknown

3boys2luv
    is melting!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    (Pg stuff mentioned in answers)

1. Do you feel any modesty being naked in front of your spouse? The man has seen me give birth - there's nothing he hasn't seen already! LOL.

2. Would you share a razor with your spouse? A toothbrush? Yes and yes. Have (both) in the past when he forgot his on vacation.

We have two bathrooms so I generally use the other one simply because I'm liable to be followed by at least one child. We do go in there and sit and talk with the other one during showers (if the kids are in bed or occupied). He works tons of hours so it's sort of multitasking for us.

4. Are you comfortable discussing super private things (feminine issues, a saucy dream) with your spouse? Yep.

5. Are you comfortable with your spouse opening your mail? a private correspondence? a journal? (not that they do, but how would you feel if they did?) Doesn't bother me. Well, we don't open cards around birthday time, but if he did it wouldn't bother me.

6. Would you be upset if you caught your spouse reading an email of yours that you had left open on your personal computer? I don't write in a journal but the email thing - No. We have goofy friends, we're always calling the other one over to 'come read this!'

7. Would you be embarrassed if your spouse caught you plucking unsightly hairs? Nope, he's the first person I showed the lovely hair that now grows in a strange spot after being pg with #1.

8. If your spouse only ate half of a sandwich and offered you the other half (complete with teeth marks) would you eat it? If it was a sandwich I liked. We have VERY different tastes in sandwiches, though, so odds are I wouldn't like it.
    Last edited by 3boys2luv; 07-10-2007 at 06:32 PM.
    Raising children is like being pecked to death by chickens.

Cat Mom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    1. Do you feel any modesty being naked in front of your spouse? Not really because I know he's loved me both smaller than I am now and larger.

2. Would you share a razor with your spouse? A toothbrush? Yep, no problems with that.

3. Do you use the bathroom if your spouse is taking a shower or do you wait? Luckily we have seperate bathrooms.

4. Are you comfortable discussing super private things (feminine issues, a saucy dream) with your spouse? Yes, although he may not want to hear about female issues, I tell him anway. And he's always up for hearing anything that may involve sex!

5. Are you comfortable with your spouse opening your mail? a private correspondence? a journal? (not that they do, but how would you feel if they did?) Mail doesn't bother me if he looks at it. However, when we were doing IF treatments, I kept a journal of my feelings. I would not want him reading that because those were very private feelings and thoughts and I think he would be very suprised to see how much anger/frustration/resentment, you name it, I had during that time that I hid.

6. Would you be upset if you caught your spouse reading an email of yours that you had left open on your personal computer? Not at all, actually we have our e-mail set up so we can't see who the e-mail is coming into. We both open each other's e-mails and think nothing of it.

7. Would you be embarrassed if your spouse caught you plucking unsightly hairs? Nope, he's seen me pluck my eyebrows tons of times now.

8. If your spouse only ate half of a sandwich and offered you the other half (complete with teeth marks) would you eat it? Sure would.
    Tiffany (36) DH (44)
    IVF#2, Baden Troy born 11/11/06
    Natural Surprise, Alexandra Elyse 2/14/08

www.custommetalart.etsy.com

dmbucky7
    is ready for a break...from LIFE!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Bitchy

I dont really like the way my body looks and don't feel real sexy with it anymore, but Dh always says that is what a Mommy body looks like and he loves me no matter what...and he never seems to mind too much!! KWIM?!

If we had to, no problem, but I'd still rather have my own.

Yep, I'll go!

YES!!

Most of the time he doesn't even look at the mail, let alone try to open it, but I would say that I probably wouldn't care. I dont get anything too private... I've often wondered how I would feel if he read my journal - I don't think I'd appreciate it too much, but then again, if I'm writing it down, it's got to be expected that it'll be found someday...

Depends on what it is...but I probably wouldn't care...I dont do anything too personal over the email.

Maybe a little, but he knows I do it...

If it was something I liked...but we have totally different tastes on sandwiches.
    DMB
    P&C - 10/07/04
    A - 10/15/08
    N - 9/23/09

Check us out on Facebook!! Hair Accessories and Jewelry with more to come!!
    Dreaming Tree Designs
    In need of gently used clothes? Check us out on Facebook - Bucky's Bin http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...51290688281344 We're a smoke-free, pet-free home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast