FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
dh driving me crazy

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Deswife03
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused

dh driving me crazy

About 6 weeks ago my husband got a promotion at work and now he does not have to work weekends. At first I was sooooo excited about that but now it is 6 weeks later and he is driving me nuts LOL I love having him home more often but Saturdays is usually when I would clean the house and do all the laundry. I have not been able to get anything done because he keeps getting in my way and wants to "help" only its not really help because he will only clean something part way which means i have to go back and finish it later. Bottom Line I have got nothing done and my house is a freaken mess. Any suggestions on how to resolve this situation??
    Pcos, 8 years Primary and Secondary Infertility
    ORS 11/23/07
    7/08

2. Advertisement

DrAussieMom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I had this when my DH went to a different schedule. I think we were of the mindset that we needed to spend every minute togther (cause we liked too), but when it came to the point that we needed to get stuff done, it didn't work!

We decided out of the 2 days off, one day is set for the house, and we would divide and conquer. He usually "plays" outside (that is what I call him "cleanaing the garage... lol), and I take care of the inside. By dinner time, we are back together and spend the night hanging out, or going out, or whatever.

The second day just depends, usually errands, which we like to do together.

I think you and DH like to hang out too much..... which is a good thing !

AthenaD
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Stressed
    I'd suggest giving him things to do for you outside the house. Work on the yard, go shopping for you (with a list), take care of things that he couldn't do because he was working weekends! At least that was MY plan, but mostly my dh watches tv on weekends. Once in a while I can get him to do something, but mostly he's in the way!
    me (41) dh (49)
    R 3/06
    A 11/07

CrystalAZ
    has a status! Booyah!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    He sounds like a willing spirit! Would he take offense if you showed him how to do something "your way"? I'm sure you can ask in a way that doesn't make him look wrong.

Crystal

Deswife03
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thanks so much for the input ladies. I had a long talk with my hubby telling him how happy I was to have him home on the weekends now but that I still need ........ to get things done. He told me he was feeling the same way but did not want to hurt my feelings by telling me that he wanted to get out of the house for a few hours with out me. This is our solution...Sat mornings we make breakfast together and then he leaves for a few hours to hang out with his guy friends and then when he gets home he can help me with anything left. I think we both thought that now that he is home on the weekends that we had to spend every minute together but now we both realize that we still need to have our alone time so that we can really enjoy the time we have together. Thanks!
    Pcos, 8 years Primary and Secondary Infertility
    ORS 11/23/07
    7/08