FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
our MFI miracle... (pg ment)

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ICSIorBust
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

our MFI miracle... (pg ment)

I just wanted to share my story in hopes that it may help someone else out there. DH & I were unable to conceive, so we both got tested. I was fine, but DH was horrible (count 1 mil/mL, morph 10%, motility 32%). He went through all the tests and procedures to find out what was wrong with him, but the doctor couldn't find any reason- just unexplained severe low sperm count. He went back 3 months later for another SA and the results were just as bad, even after 3 months of fertility blend. The urologist told us IVF/ICSI was our only hope (hence my screen name, ICSI or bust). Two weeks after the appointment with the urologist, DH was having very bad tooth pain. His dentist diagnosed a tooth infection and gave him an antibiotic. He started the amoxicillin on March 7. On March 10, we conceived. I am now 18 weeks pregnant. He'd had an infection in his blood all along that went undetected. I hope this helps someone! An antibiotic probably can't hurt when there's nowhere else to turn. Good luck everyone!

2. Advertisement

hopingforbaby1
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our RE suspects that dh has an infection and has given him antibiotics. I hope they work as well for us!
    Krysi (23) & Dh
    TTC #1 for 3 1/2 years.... moving on to IVF/ICSI or DIUI.... not sure which yet
    3 m/c's : 02/2006 (6w3d), 09/2006 (9w4d), 01/07 (5w1d)

sage2
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    What wonderful news!!!! Have a wonderful pregnancy. Thanks for sharing.
    Me - 32, DH - 41
    IVF#1 02/07 BFN
    FET#1 09/07 Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #2 BFN 03/08
    FET #2 9/08. BFP! Betas: 208, 625, 1478
    It's twins!!