FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
clomid for Male factor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    bianca808
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

clomid for Male factor

just wanted to know did it help for male factor? did your #'s increase?

2. Advertisement

shannonP
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

No No No No

My husband had been on clomid 25 mg a day for two mo. all he got was breast inlargement which i thought at first he had cancer. After clomid his sperm went down from 12 million to 1 million!!!! Also the urologist told us there is not a lot of scientific proof it works just something to try to see if it helps... my advice don't waste your time waiting for it to be a miracle

bianca808
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dh has low morphology. his count and motility are fine. the uro prescribed him clomid to increase sperm to have more of the better sperm. he's supposed to have an appointment in a few weeks. i guess we'll have to continue as directed....

bianca808
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    i thought i'd post and answer my own question for those who are also getting this line of treatment. to summarize, my DH sperm is fine in the count and motility department but he has low morph. anyway, his uro prescribed him clomid and his numbers definitely increased except for the morph over the last 3 months of taking the drug. clomid for men does work for upping #'s only if the count/motility weren't bad to begin with. it didn't help w/ abnormal forms.