FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Urologist for MF

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ab2007
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Urologist for MF

Will the RE recommend us to go to an urologist if we have a MF?
    At what point does he ask us to go to an urologist?Should we select a RE who is also an urologist?

2. Advertisement

bianca808
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi ab - you can certainly ask your RE for if they recommend a uro. i'm sure in their industry and practice, they have contacts they can pinpoint you to. we also have male factor and i took it upon myself to schedule an appt for my DH to see one after a failed cycle. it wasn't requested by my RE but when i told her at my follow up after my failed cycle, she was happy and even gave me a name if we should ever want a second opinion. i say be proactive about. unfortunately, there are no RE's that are uro's at least in the search that i've done....

1julie
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    We concieved via a doctor in WA state who is an RE but also has male infertility experience. he did a Non surgical sperm aspiration on my DH and we did IVF with ICSI. I delivered in September of 2006 2 ID boys and 1 princess.

A couple who met me online (her husband also has CF, which is the cause of most cases of azoospermia) choose to see the same reproductive endo. that I was seeing, because of his experience, our success and the cost effectiveness. She just found out on the 5th of July that she IS pregnant. another male infertility success story

I'm not sure where you live, but if you are anywhere close, I HIGHLY recommend his clinic and this particular doctor. Michael Opsahl.

If you have any questions I'm happy to answer them. You can read about it on my website too at www.cysticfibrosismaleinfertility.com

or email at division902@verizon.net

Julie
    www.tcr.aboutmybaby.com

victoriagirl
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Our regular endocronoligist (my DH has no pituitary gland) referred us to a urologist specializing in male factor before going to an RE. We're currently trying to get his sperm count up before going to the RE. So far we've had some success.

Erin83
    Noah will be 7 months this week!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    We haven't been to an RE yet. We know that I'm not ovulating, but with medicine its corrected. We also know that after a test DH has male factor so my ob referred us to a urologist. We go see him tomorrow morning so I'm kind of looking foreward to seeing what he says. He may tell us we need to go see an RE, if he does then I will. My ob also suggested that I do IVF with ICSI so I've been researching that just in case the urologist tells us he can't help us. I'll update you when I know something. Erin

Erin83
    Noah will be 7 months this week!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    Well, we've been to the urologist and found out he needs surgery. Unfortunately our insurance won't cover it because the diagnosis is infertility and our insurance doesn't cover anything infertility so we're on our own to afford a 3000 dollar surgery to correct the problem. The good news: it can be corrected. The bad news: only 2/3 people are able to conceive after the surgery and we probably won't be able to conceive until a year after the surgery. So of course now I'm stressed trying to figure out how in the world we are going to afford 3000 dollars. I have no idea. Oh well, I'm sure it will all get figured out. Thanks for listening. Erin