FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Temporary low semen volume (dd mentioned)

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    molly777
    is amused by people who think they know everything, but don't really know anything at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    In Love

Temporary low semen volume (dd mentioned)

I have an odd question and my Dh will kill me if he finds out I asked this but last night I used other means to take care of him and noticed there was hardly any semen. Usually it is probably about 2ccs. (Not that I measure but I remember from his semen analysis what it looked like.) Anywho when he had his analysis last June he was fine. And we have a 2 1/2 yr old dd so it appears to be working. She has kicked him in the sensitive area accidentally a few times but I didn't know if anybody knew of anything that could cause low volume or if they knew it is temporary. I am going to re-check tonight. Thanks in advance

2. Advertisement

vixen22
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm no epxert but I just done a quick check on the net and I came across 2 possibilities.

1 - There could be an obstruction which blocked some of the flow

2 - Does he ejaculate often?, the more frequently he ejaculates the less time the sperm/semen will have to replenish his supply.

Hope that helps

As for checking tonight, maybe you should leave it a few days
    (Me)Deborah 27 Partner (DH) 53
    TTC #1 6 years
    DX: Dh vasectomy 12+yrs ago;
    IVF w/ICSI #1-#3 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #4 early loss

molly777
    is amused by people who think they know everything, but don't really know anything at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    In Love
    I forgot to update but every thing is fine. It was dark so I may have missed it but a couple nights later there was plenty. He gave me a weird look when I said "Looks like 2 1/2 cc's."