FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Very Sad News

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mondayschild
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Very Sad News

In preparation for our IUI next month the RE did another SA. The results were horrible. He ordered another one hoping the results were an error. Today we got the results. DH is devastated. I am in shock and do not know how they got so bad with everything DH has been doing. Then DH revealed to me that for the past 4 months he has been taking baths daily sometimes soaking for 1-2 hours reading. He has been under a lot of stress and has a very heavy load at the office for the past 5 months or so. His count went down to 5 million per cc with only 3ccs, motility 13%, progression of 1, they did not even give us morphology, I do not even think it was measurable.

IUI is totally out of the question and I do not even know if we can even get IVF. It does not appear he had a single viable sperm. Even before DH began supplements and TCM herbs the SA was not even this bad, just 4 months ago he had improved to almost normal in every category. DH said after he got the great SA 4 months ago, he started taking the lengthy baths. I remember one weekend he was reading in the tub for over 2 hours, I told him he should not take baths and certainly not for so long, but I did not press him too much, because I thought it was a one time thing. I feel dead inside.

2. Advertisement

rb
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no

Mondayschild,

I am heartbroken to hear this news. This is so upsetting. I can completely understand the stress of MFI. I live with it daily. Somedays, I feel so defeated. Please have hope. Your DH was doing great, he just slipped. And he knows it. Let him have another chance. He will make it up to you, I'm sure of it. We are here with you. Take care of yourself.

God bless,

rb
    100% Mothra Compatible

Mondayschild
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much RB.

I wish we had the count we had 4 months ago, I would move forward with IUI or IVF. But with this SA neither of those are an option. I guess DH will go back on the tcm herbs he took previously. 100 days and counting. I am going to ask the RE about going on bcp, you can not conceive without any sperm. And my biological clock is in overtime. Hopefully we can gearup up for IVF in June. Hopefully that will give us the time we need. I do not think I will be posting for a while.

Good Luck to you and your DW, I am sure a BFP will be coming your way with your IVF. I will check on your post. Thanks again.

yoyo930
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Monday,

I am so sorry to hear your news.

I hope the herbs improve your Dh's count again....

keeping you in my prayers,
    Yolanda

Mondayschild
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Yoyo.

DH saw the doctor yesterday and was given a written list of do's and dont's.
    He will get back on the herbs tomorrow. He is still taking the entire regimen of supplements. Thanks again.

Kylie
    cool
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    If you have sperm, then you can do IVF with ICSI, can't you? It's my husband that has a count of zero that wouldn't be a candidate. You actually have some live sperm that move forward. Is it the morphology that is so abnormal? I can't believe anyone who's trying to get pregnant and has a low count would soak in hot baths for months . My husband was wearing boxers as soon as we started ttc, before we even knew it was pointless (they are not his preferred type of underwear). Is your husband trying to sabotage his sperm on purpose? I'd have been asking you for hour long massages instead of baths to relieve stress!

Mondayschild
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Kylie,

Yes, that is what the doctor said, basically not a single normal sperm, not one. He does not feel we would be successful with IVF/ICSI at this point. And believe me I asked my DH those exact questions, but it was between yelling and crying. He of course has tremendous regrets, but his rationale was he just did not realize how bad or sensitive his sperm was. He told the doctor that he did not take scalding or too hot of baths, the doctor told him, that the temperature he would feel luke warm, would result in temparatures too hot for sperm to tolerate it, and with daily and long exposure it was causing sterility. He said that in some countries men practice this daily to cause sterility. I hate to say it but I am not in a good place with this. I am trying to shake it off and move to the next step, but it is hard. And it is even harder to stop the comments from coming out, ie, I hate that we have to go through the cost of IVF, but then you just throw away money, etc, etc, etc. He has done so many things and spent so much money on improving his sperm but this I just can not believe it. He said the doctor told him he could start using his weights and exercise equipment except for the bike to relieve stress, I told him if he goes in that room he needs to consider donor sperm. He can take walks.

rb
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

To quote Keanu Reeves...

Whoa. That must have hurt, given his previous reaction to donor sperm. Taking walks is a great idea. I have been spending a decent amount of time on the treadmill and elliptical, boosting endorphins to combat stress, and it, along with the acupuncture, is helping a lot. Take walks together, to re-connect as a couple. Talk about just the two of you. Take a break from obsessing about babies. Go on a date. DW and I have two dates lined up for the coming week. When we have little rugrats around the house, dates will be few and far between. You married each other because you loved each other. Don't forget about that. The babies will absolutely come. And sooner than you think. Take care and God bless both of you.

-rb
    100% Mothra Compatible

mattiejo
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I am so sorry about your situation! My heart aches for you. I totally can imagine how you are feeling! My dh has MF and after 5 IUI's we are moving on to IVF. The only way we can afford IVF is because we qualified for the shared risk program, but still a lot of money for us. I can see one little ray of sunshine in your situation though and that is that atleast you know what caused the major decline in his numbers- the baths. I think it would be even worse if after all the supplements and everything he had been doing his numbers declined for no reason. I know this probably doesn't make you feel any better but please don't give up! I will keep you in my prayers. IF sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mondayschild
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mattiejo and RB,

This situation hurt me, angered me and disappointed me, but it is not an issue to digress on. He is truly a great DH. I think he just never really accepted his MF. He just did what I told him, take the supplements take the herbs, etc... It took him a year just to accept that there was a need to do that. I would not trade him for anything. Our first RE informed him he needed to consider donor sperm, but he wanted to try other options first. Our current RE told him he can not be doing things like this.

RB we have more date nights now then we did when we were single. We are the typical urban couple, fine dining, movies, museums, shopping, dancing, travel, year round sports event, etc... But I know what you mean, I express myself and then it is over.

Thanks again, you have all made me feel better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast