FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Question, honest answers plz

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    marquess78
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Question, honest answers plz

So, I dont post here very often, but I have come to the almost end of yet another cycle and I have a ??? for everyone. I will most likely post on the pg board as well, but I wanted to start here...

DH has only 11% motile sperm, and of those there is some morphology issues. I am 13 DPO and I am feeling SOOOOOO pregnant. Is it even possible to hope that I am? I have taken a test today and it was a BF Evap. RE says we could do an IUI with clomid and Bravelle(i have some ovulation issues too but stim well) but how can we justify doing that when the sperm dont swim well? i get that they put them as close to your tubes as they can. But still.

also, RE did not do the hamster test, so we dont know how well, if at all, they will fertilize my eggs.

if u look @ my history as a surromom, i can get pg with IVF, but its not financially possible(mostly because i was DUMB and moved us from IL, where i had coverage for IVF, to a state where i dont ) well, not entirely my fault. we didnt know we had a male problem until this summer. so i cant beat myself up too much.

thanks so much for any answers and advice. off to wrap more presents.
    Shannon (32)
    Charlie (38)
    Terridaun (10)
    GS x 3
    Expecting My Own B/G Twins
    Scheduled C/S 11/23/10

2. Advertisement

momto3angels
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Not sure what you are asking...if you want my opinion, though, if you have had success with IVF, I wouldn't spend a lot of time with IUI~try it because it is surely less expensive, but don't spend a lot of time, money and emotional resources on it. It may be better to hold off, save money and try an ICSI/IVF.

Whatever you decide, best of luck.
    April
    Mom to angels: Hannah, Ryan and Abby. 10/24-10/28/03.
    Earth Angels: Joey b 5/08/05 and Laura b 5/26/07
    ==
    A butterfly lights beside us like a sunbeam. And for a brief moment, Its glory and beauty belong to our world…But then it flies on again, And though we wish it could have stayed, We feel so lucky to have seen it.

michelle1
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Marquess78-- Hey, did AF come yet? How are you feeling today? Taken any HPTs? Keep us posted!!!! My DH too has low count (after washing) and low morphology