FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Motility????

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    decbrowneyes
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Motility????

Hello! So we went to see the new Dr yesterday. We are going to move forward with IUI next month. Our last S/A count was only 5 million with 17% Motility.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to increase motility within a month?

We have been on Fertility Blend & Therologix for the last 6-8 months with no improvement.

Any suggestions would be great!

Mindy

2. Advertisement

Mondayschild
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello MindyTTC#1

For 6 months, my DH has been taking 200mg pycnogenol daily, along with lycopene, a multivitamin, coenzyme Q1o, zinc, Lcarnitene, acetyl Lcarnitene, and alpha lipoic acid. Pycnongenol, shows improvement every month.

babyvalentine
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My DH has been on close to the same and he has had great improvement also.
    L (49) D(53)

-8/89,-11/91,-b 10/3/92-d 12/27/92,-10/94,-7/95,-8/99,-3/08

cp5
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Dh is taking Panax Ginseng, Acetyl L-Carnintine, L-Arginine, CoEnzyme Q10 all for motility. Pycnogenol he is taking for Morphology. I hope that helps oh and i have him on the Marily Glenville Vitamins. Also Vit C 1000 mg is very important for overall Semen health! I have done a ton of research on this stuff so I hope it helps check it out!

CP

decbrowneyes
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! Thanks for the feedback. Are your DH's taking a bunch of pills in a day or is it a multi (fertilty blend) type vitamin.

I think DH feels like the vitamins is what made his last counts go down... he was on them for the past 6-8 months.

Any idea of changes he could make in his day to day life?!?

babyvalentine
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really don't think the vitamins would make his count go down.

healthy diet
    exercise
    no smoking
    moderate drinking
    no hot tubs
    the usual healthy lifestyle stuff
    L (49) D(53)

-8/89,-11/91,-b 10/3/92-d 12/27/92,-10/94,-7/95,-8/99,-3/08

Mondayschild
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

MindyTTC#1

I definitely do not think it was the vitamins, our RE reminds my DH to never skip and never stop taking them. He also tells him no getting overheated, no drinking more than one cup of hot coffee a day, no extended time outside with high temps, try to avoid activities that make him sweat, no exercise for more than 30 minutes 3 times a week and even then not too strenous, try to stay away from sick people, if he feels he is becoming ill, try to keep any temp down with motrin,loose fitting bottoms,etc...All it takes is one mishap for us to need another 3 months to change the progress we have made.

SeattleSuz
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My RE and DH's Urologist said that it's VERY hard to increase motility and volume. If there is anything out there that CAN help, it will take at least 3 months to see any result. At least from what I have been told.

SeattleSuz
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Oh and I do have to mention this, because for us, NOTHING changed due to DH changing his lifestyle. First really bad SA was in 2003, he was still drinking, partying, stupid stuff like that. He cleaned up, doesnt drink anymore, doesnt smoke anymore, is eating healthier than he ever has in his life (which isnt saying much, cuz he has ALWAYS eaten healthy), and is lowering his dosage on his pain meds (long story, 14 surgeries involved). He is a personal trainer and has worked out just about every day of his life! The volume hardly went up and the motility was still at 0, though the only change in that was instead of not being able to tell if any were alive, they said that 50% of them were alive, but just not motile and 50% appeared to be dead.
    So, quite honestly, I do not know if any of the above mentioned things can affect things. That said, EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT and has different body chemistry, so it never hurts to at least TRY!

Orisa1
    Loving my DS
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cool
    I wonder if it would help if he cut down on excerise...sweating. Try not getting too over heated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast