FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Klinefelter Syndrome

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ToriaV1
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Question Klinefelter Syndrome

My dh has sever male factor. We have always been told it may have been caused by either trauma or the mumps. I was never informed about this syndrome that can cause IF in males as well. My dh and I have been reading about it on the web. Dh just had an appointment w/a uroligist and he told dh that his IF was not caused by trauma. He told him that he could tell that it was not Klinefelters syndrome just by looking at him. Is that right,can the urolgist tell just by looking? I thought the only way to know was a blood test. If anyone has experience w/this I would appreciate thoughts.
    Thank You

2. Advertisement

abby26
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Klinefelter's has very distinct characteristics, I can't remember off the top of my head. i remember reading about it and thinking there was no way Dh had those symptoms. You would know.
    good luck!

zon
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Toria
    I disagree with abby( sorry Abby) but my dh has KS and if you looked at him you would never know, we didn't until we started TTC. Anyways, even a great dr can't tell you that by looking at your dh. Our dr told us he had men, big football players that had KS, and then he had short little guys, you really can't tell. Just like KS men will have very low testosterone, well my dh had normal testosterone, the reason of it is that one men can have all the distinct characteristics and another will have one.
    Just like it's not true that all men with KS don't produce sperm. My dh and I went thrught TESE/IVF/ISCI where they actually found sperm ( his SA is alway 0) and we had two embryos transffered but bfn. There is another cuple that just had their second child with dh with KS
    My suggestion is, get a blood work this is the easiest way to tell. I'm suppried your dr didn't do that yet, you need to know exactly what the casuse is. Don't let anybody to guess, it could hurt you in a long run. Find a best dr in your area that specializes in MF, some of the dr don't know what they are talking about. It's scary

Good luck
    Eva

ToriaV1
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Eva,
    Thank You SO much for the info.
    My dh was so firm w/me that the dr knew what he was talking about.
    He has several symptoms that match KS. We have a ds from IVF/ICSI and he is the major reason I feel that we need to know. I don't want to put ds through the blood work if there is no reason to do so. I was pretty angry w/dh when he told me that he had walked out of the uroligist office w/o having taken the bood test-ARGH!
    I think I will call the re that we are thinking of seeing for seconday IF in the future. I asked our previous re about doing it and they told me to just call dh's uroligist. It almost seems as though they don't want to do the test.
    At any rate I thank you Eva,because my dh says that he will cooperate and get this blood work done.

leanne2005
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    me and my partner found out he has Klinefelter Syndrome last year just before xmas, he has just been started on testosterone injections i cant believe there is someone who has this and they found sperm has we were told that men with Klinefelter Syndrome dont produce sperm! i think i will be making another appointment to see our doctor and getting something done about this thank you so much

because
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi ladies. What is this syndrome? Is this why a dr would do a karyotype?
    I was thinking we were all set for IVF ISCI. we have severe MF zero count.
    A frozen biopsy tissue will be used for the IVF.
    DR said we would want to think about getting a genetic test.
    Has anyone just gone on to get IVF without the test?

rissar
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My dh was referred by the dr immediately as soon as we found out he had a zero sperm count. That's how we found out about ks. went to a great dr in houston that worked under the best dr for ks in the country dr. s. it might be a good idea to check out why your dh sperm count is 0.

WantingOur1st
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Dead
    If i post in here will it bring it to the front? i'm hoping to chat with women with a husband with Klinefelter's syndrome, i think my husband has it. we get the karyotype/chromosome test results back in feb.