FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
may be a silly ? but DH is worried

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ashcas
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

may be a silly ? but DH is worried

DH had a surgery when he was little to fix his narrow urethra and now when he ejaculates it doesn't really 'go' anywhere (sorry if TMI) he thinks that is the reason that we are not getting pg. anyone know if this is a possible problem? I kinda think that as long as the swimmers get in there then they are fine but he thinks they might need an extra 'push'....sorry if this is a silly question or TMI

2. Advertisement

mmi
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure if they need a push, but if he hasn't been seen by a urologist, his prior surgery may have something to do with your failure to conceive. I would see a urologist if I were in your shoes.
    3 years and 15 medicated cycles(clomid, injections, iui's, ivf's, fet, you name it) and 2 angels before finally getting princess 1 (1999)

2 injection cycles for princess 2(2002)
    Truly miracles!

"Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

P.Williams
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd also suggest seeing a UR who specializes in MF. Has he had an SA done? I'm assuming from your discription that you mean that semen comes out, but doesn't spurt. I don't think that should be a big deal as long as it stays inside of you. However he could have other issues that are causing that problem and may effect his counts. It's better to be safe and find out then to waste time worrying. Baby Dust ~ Patti

http://infertilereflections.blogspot.com/

AMF
    thinks Molly's status is a hoot!
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused

Way TMI

Sorry for TMI,
    Same thing with my dh...except he never had a surgery..
    His never progressed forward...
    always sort of fell out...now after his SA we saw why
    Not too many of them, and of that # not too many were "normal" and of that number, even few of them had normal progression.

I often wondered but never dared ask my RE about that...
    I just can't imagine being known as the patient who couldn't hold her dh's sperm in...LOL
    and I soooooo apologize for the tmi...
    Hugs

ashcas
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    he has not had an SA yet he just got new ins at the 1st of this month and so we were waiting for it to start. Now then we did get pg once on our own so he has got at least some that are ok. (early m/c)

we don't have a problem with it staying in me, it just doesn't really 'shoot' out more like 'dribbles' or 'spurts'. he has always been self-conscience about it even before IF I thought he had just seen to many 'adult' movies

well thanks for the comments!!

I guess we will find out for sure as soon as we can get an appt.