FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Myth or fact? Underwears, motorcycle, etc.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ExhaustedWaitin
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Myth or fact? Underwears, motorcycle, etc.

Ok. I have bad morphology.

I also used to wear tight underwear and jeans for about past 12 yrs. After SA, of course I have switched to boxers and loose/silly jeans.

I also like to ride my motorcycle. Its a sportbike which I used to ride sometimes to work and sometimes on weekend rides in the hills. Its not one of those loud, shake-the-neighbourhood kind. Its quiet and smooth. Also, I dont feel any heat from the engine to my crotch. Right now, I am completely off my motorcycle.

I did a lot of google with morphology & motorcycle, but could find anything. Any of you know anything at all in this matter?

2. Advertisement

MT_firegirl
    is TTC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Part both actually

Usually, tight undies, hot tubs, motorcycles are not enough in and of themselves to create a poor environment for sperm production. However, if you were engaging in all of these activites on a regular basis, AND had other health issues going on, it may worsen your problem. Even something as simple as a poor diet could be considered a health issue though. Try talking to a urologist who can suggest several vitamins, diet choices, lifestyle choices, etc that may help improve things..Hope this helps

Kelcey

ExhaustedWaitin
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I have switched to boxers since past 4 mos. And I have not riden my motorcycle in the past 6 mos.
    Continuing with the 20 pills/day vits & minerals regimen.

Hoping that something will click one day.

ExhaustedWaitin
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    No I havent had another SA since. I havent been on the pills for a continuous 3 mos. During last month's IVf cycle I was so hopeful, that i stopped those pills for about 20 days. Well of course after the failure I am back on those plus some more. Before IVF my #pills were 12, now its 18/day.

I'll wait for at least another 2 failed natural cycles before another SA. My last 2 SA results are posted on one of my posts.

ExhaustedWaitin
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    The way, I look at it, those vits. and minerals are all good for the body in general. If I walk into GNC or any such store and ask for Tribulus or L-Arginine or L-carnitine, its all under heart or muscle or general health section. And of course the multi-vits & Vit C are in general good for everyone when we have no control over our meals.

So only good can happen with those pills. And if there is any excess we'll just have some expensive urine .

Hit the vitacost.com website for some MF info. They have rated the minerals' effectiveness. Their cost is also good compared to GNC.

ExhaustedWaitin
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    he he. I hate the fishy burps I usually suppress that by taking the fish oil before food or before going to bed.

P.Williams
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    They should be able to give you your counts from when they did your IVF cycle. Heat is the worst thing for sperm production and a lot of people don’t think about some of the heat sources that they come into contact with. Many men put their lap top computers on their laps, and heat the boys up. My DH had a severe drop in all his numbers when he started sleeping with an electric mattress pad last winter. As for bicycles and motorcycles I believe it’s not only the heat, but the pressure that gets put on the veins that run thru the groin area that causes problems. If you haven’t seen a UR who specializes in MF then you need to do that ASAP. Just make sure he’s up on all the latest treatment. The first UR my DH saw told us there was nothing he could do (besides trying TESE but the second one treated his azoospermia with medications.

Good luck ~ Patti

lori&john
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    if you put the fish pills in the freezer they wont repeat on you, thats what my DH does.......