FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Anti Sperm Antibodies- Need Help!!!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    wendyengel
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Anti Sperm Antibodies- Need Help!!!

I found out today after all the other MFI we have gone through that after doing three iui's he has anti sperm anti bodies! SO we did the iui's for nothing because they did not prep the sperm as needed because we did not know about it. Does anyone on here have any similar situations. He had a blockage repair and that is why he has antibodies! We are now doing an iui and mixing it with a special solution to fix the problem! Anyone know anything about this???

2. Advertisement

aussiebutterfly
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    HI wendyengel..

My name is Bernie.. im 29 and live in Australia..

ABout 9 yrs ago my hubby was dx with spermantibodies.. he has had no surgury, no vasectomy.. so its still a mystery why he has it..
    He did play rugby as a teenager.. so that may be it..

I just read ur post .. thought i would send u a "hello"..

please feel free to email me..

bernie77@iprimus.com.au

I certainly understand the struggles of male factor .IF.. i also have endo which doesnt help.. but we are about to have our first ICSI treatment..

Hope too chat soon..

Bernie

dwaggoner1026
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Wendy,

My husband was also dx with anitbodies. Not sure how he got them. Doc said that it occurs sometimes with no explanation. Our doc told us that our best shot to get preg, would to go straight to IVF. We were told that b/c he has antibodies that we would only have a 5% chance with IUI. So we decided to go straight to IVF.

We are trying our 1st IVF now, so we will see if the Doc was right

Stay strong, Hope all goes well

Denise

wendyengel
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Denise,
    I am glad well not glad but if someone can understand what it feels like it helps. So when is your ER and ET scheduled for? I hope you get a BFP! Let me know what happens. Oh do you know what the percentage is of the antibodies? NO one knows that. I ask so many dang questiosn when they give us a neg report maybe thats my problem. Anyhow good luck. I am on day 5 of birth control pills now when day 17 gets here of bcp I start lupron then we go from there with ivf! Good luck to you.
    Wendy
    PS- Wish someone would have told us how low our chances at iui were. We have done four and it has hurt me my emotional state and my marriage. Its really hard on me. Now we are moving to ivf. What a ride!

dwaggoner1026
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi wendy,

I was supposed to have my ER & my Et next week, but i got a cyst on my overy and I have to wait till this Thursday to see if it goes away, if not they will have to remove it and then I can proceed with gonad F and then the rest. SO hopefully around Memorial day I will get the ER and 3 days later the ET. I pray ever night that it will happen.

As far as the percentage of antibodies, I am not sure either. Non of my Dh brothers have antibodies, but there are issues with his Uncles, not sure if it is antibodies. I did ask my Doc if our children would get this and he said that it could happen, but nothing is conclusive.

Good luck on the Lupron. It will take you on a roller coaster of emotions, drink lots of water!!.. That is how I got my cyst. Don't worry not everyone gets them . I am proned to cysts.

Good luck
    Denise

wendyengel
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Denise,
    I really hope your cyst goes away quickly. I am worried because I have cysts this month and am worried too death they will not be gone with these bcp I am taking. I hate them they make me feel horribly nauseous. I need something to take to help it. Maybe I will take phenergan. I dont think that would hurt. Anyhow I hope you have your ER and ET soon. I forgot are waiting to see what your embies look like to transfer (I mean with deciding how many to transfer)? They will be transfering two with me. I do not think they will do anymore than that. Especially since its male factor. My doctor is a witch and shes like well we are not sure if its male factor yet? I have been pg three times (all resulting in mc) before dh so I obviously have no problem getting pg. She is rude and she for some reason will not admit that its male factor. He has 92% antibodies!!!!!! Actually 92% Igg and 4% Iga so its really 96%. No wonder we were not getting pg with iui? Do you mind asking your re next time you see him what your percentage was? And are they connected to the tail or head? Ours are on the tail which is supposedly better but its obviously not better for us bc we are not pg! Well good luck. Let me know when you go in for another us to see if that cyst has gone away!
    Wendy

dwaggoner1026
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Wendy,

Sorry to here you have cysts too. Are they from the bcp? I was not able to take bcp I have had clots in the past.

It sounds like your Doctor is not acting in your best interest. If you have been pg in the past & the IUI have never worked & your dh has antibodies, your doc should know that it is male factor. Since it is male factor ( My opinion) are they going to be doing a ICSI. It costs a little bit more but supposily (sp) it gives the best chance of good embrios to transfor. That is what our Doc is doing, infact he didn't even give us a choice. Which we were fine with.

I am not sure if the antibodies are connected to the head or tail. We were just told that the antibodies were in the semon and when he ejaculates the antibodies would attach at that point. It makes me beleive that the antibodies could attach either on the head or the tail. Who knows??

I am going to go & try to sleep. That is one side affect of the lurpon, sever headaches and not being able to sleep at night.

Take care,
    Denise

wendyengel
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Denise,
    I am so sorry you have not been able to sleep. I hope it goes away SOON! So I am so glad you are doing ivf and will hopefully get pg on your first one. Well I am not glad you are doing it but I know I am happy we are finally here because all of those iui's were not worth it for us. Yeah I know it's male factor and I am not a doctor. Its obvious. I switched RE's just in the same clinic. Which I am nervous about because I have not had my consult with him and I am scared because she said I was "UNEXPLAINED" he is going to say the same thing even though he might know otherwise. Well good luck. I will write more later :-)
    Wendy

dwaggoner1026
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Wendy,

Sorry that I have not written , but I have a been a little busy. I went for a u/s last Thursday and was told that my cyst was still there and that I needed it to be removed. Good news is that there was only one cyst, Doc removed it and we started on the gonad shots the same day. SO my excpected ER/Et will be the weel of Memorial day. Keep your fingers crossed. Dh & I are very excited, but nervous at the same time of course.

So how is everythin going for you? Hope well.

Talk more later

Denise :-)