FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Best Vitaimins for bad morphology???

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Jann
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Best Vitaimins for bad morphology???

Hi,
    What is the best vitamins for improving morphology?

Dh's urologist recommended a product, 'Fertility for Men,' by Theralogics. My fertility center mentioned something about 'Conception RX'--which is a drug you can order online. Do you know about either of these?

Is it worth spending around $60 to $80 a month for these vitamins or is MegaMan by GNC the same thing? Thanks! Jann

2. Advertisement

UmmyINSH
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

Sorry I can't be of too much help but I can tell you where else to find answers. You can check the boards at fertilichat.com and .com - I think I've seen lots of posts on morphology. Try searching the message boards too using the keyword morphology.

I don't know too much about morphology personally. My dh has bad numbers all around but his morphology borders 30%, so is the least of our problems. He took Fertility Blend which helped his count but not the morphology or motility so the doc recommended additional Vit C and E (500mg/400iui) but we won't know if that helped til the end of the month.

Hope some others with more knowledge about morphology post for you!

kilby
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Sperm count boosted

My husband has always had low motile sperm count around 22 million. I heard about arginine and carnitine supplements that you could buy at GNC and other health/vitamin stores. He took these supplements for three and a half months and we were stunned at the results.

At my last IUI (5 days ago) his motile sperm count hadincreased from 22 million to 77.2 million. The nurse was stunned too! There are endless accounts of the positive affects of arginine and carnitine on male sperm morphology and motility. It worked for us! It's not very expensive either since one bottle of each will last over three months. I think total cost was $45 for the three month supply of everything! Good luck!

UmmyINSH
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kilby,
    How much arginine and carnitine did he take?

kilby
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Arginine and carnitine

My husband took less arginine and carnitine than what most websites suggested and he still had fantastic results! He took 2000 mg of L-Arginine/Ornithine and 500 mg of L-Carnitine per day. The L-Arginine/Ornithine came in a bottle of 100 capsules and suggests you take two capsules per day (my husband only took one capsule per day!) The L-carnitine came in a bottle of 100 tablets and suggests taking one per day (my husband took one per day). These are simply amino acids and a lot of men take these supplements for healthier heart function (low cholesterol) and fat metabolism if they are weight training. We had no negative side effects on our end.

UmmyINSH
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My dh got some arginine since he is already taking the Fertility Blend which has L-carnitine in it. Not sure how much but the proprietary blend said 800mg I think??

Kilby, would you happen to know the percentage of the motile sperm (rather than the total)? And what were your dh's other S/A numbers, if you know them? Was wondering about the sperm parameters and IUI, in case that is the next step. How many IUIs have you done?

Jann, I just saw Conception RX online today for the first time. Have you found anything? I've seen Fertility Blend, Fertile One, Fertilaid, Proxeed, etc but never even heard of Conception RX or the Fertility for Men. Seems like most of the ones I've seen have just about the same stuff in them. L-carnitine being most common.

Oh, in my first post I see I forgot to put the whole url for www..com. I think I remember seeing specific posts on morphology.

InGodsTime
    needs a mental vacation.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    What is the link?

belle3
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    i had posted something in the alternative medicine forum about low sperm counts and a girl suggested pycnogenol. she suggested it for low morphology. she also posted an article on it.

http://www.reproendo.com/pycnog_pub.pdf

i've just started to look into this whole multi vitamin thing and the fertility blend which many of you have suggested, so i thought i'd pass this info on.

i'll be looking into it of couse, as with everything else....becasue the more we know what to aim or steer away from, the better

UmmyINSH
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently the site will not post the url for Baby Center. I knew I couldn't have missed it twice! Is that against the rules or something? I hope not.

Under the preconception messageboards, you will find male fertility. I've seen more than a few morphology posts. Haven't ready any since my dh is mostly count and motility though.

Mom2BSomeday
    says Home Study Completed. YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sick
    For DH Morphology it was recommened to us that he take L-Carnitine (500mg), L-Arginine (500mg), and a Men's Multi with Zinc (30mg) and Selenium (200mcg). We test again in 3 months so hopefully his numbers will have improved greatly. Our numbers at the moment are:

Count 79.8 mil
    Motility 54%
    Morphology 4%
    Married to my heart's song and my soul's melody. Me 36 DH 40

After TTC for 7 years we are moving on to Adoption.

12/23/12 - Home Study Completed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast