FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
new test to do for male factor...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Iwantababyp34h
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb new test to do for male factor...

Hello,

me and my husband have been trying for over 3 years.
    I have done all the tests possible and spend so much on it.
    My husband did a spermogram and everything was ok...
    we were so desesperate to know what was going on!

Then a friend who live in montreal told me about this new test for male. It is about a special protein on the surface of the sperm, the P34H protein. It has been proved that if the sperm lack this protein, it cannot bind to the oocyte.
    this is a simple test...not very known yet in the US, but well known in Canada.

Ask your doctor at your fertility clinic or your Urologist about the P34H test. The company who do that is called Immucon.

In our case, that was it! the results came back negative, my husband is lacking P34H.
    So now we know! and we know what to do next...IVF wuth ICSI...the only way so that the sperm can penetrate the egg!

Try it you have nothing to loose...

2. Advertisement

wendyengel
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so excited for you. Thats so awesome. Do you know how much this test costs? We have male factor but my dh had azoospermia and now he is fixed cause of surgery and we are doing iui but I have a feeling there is something else wrong because this is our third iui and nothing so far. Oh do you know what causes it??? Thanks for all the advice in advance. so when are you doing ivf with icsi. good luck and i hope it takes on the first try!
    wendy

Iwantababyp34h
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

P34H test

hello Wendy,

Well the absence of p34h protein is caused by a problem at the epididym, Where the sperm is produced.
    Research shows that if 30% or less of sperm is lacking this protein it is less probable that the oocyte will be fertilize.
    It also has been proved that after vasectomy reversal the epididym is less able to produce the protein p34h. the more you wait between vasectomy and reversal the more you got a chance of not producing p34h anymore.
    The cost depends on your physician but it is around 400$us.
    If you have any questions just ask!

wendyengel
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well that is scary because my dh basically had a vasectomy. I will explain it and you tell me what you think. From birth he has been blocked in the epididymus so he has had no sperm count. The doctor did what was basically a vasectomy reversal because he was blocked where they usually do a vasectomy. So he basically had a reversal but he was just blocked from birth. They never told us anything about this. Do you know of any websites on it? You said the longer you wait between vasectomy and reversal the more likely you are to not produce it. Well he has been blocked since birth and he is 33! I am so nervous...Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it. And if that is the case we have been doing all these dang iui's for NOTHING!

Iwantababyp34h
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes That may be it!
    Talk to your doctor about it
    you can have more info here: www.immucon.com