FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
new here

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    jordansmommy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

new here

i'm bad at these things. my name is brandy, i'm 21 years old. i'm married to eric, he's 21 as well. i have a son named jordan from a previous relationship, he'll be 3 one month from today. anyway. we were told that eric's count is low and his motility rate is bad. he had blood drawn to see if there is a low hormone level of some sort, we're hoping that it's that & it can be fixed. if not, we're looking into iui, but i'm getting sort of discouraged, because i see alot of failures on the internet. but that's just the internet. we don't have the means to look into IVF, so that's not an option. but anyway, hope to make some friends here who are going through the same thing as me!

2. Advertisement

Lisa Canoe
    is...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Check out the IUI BB if you haven't already. It is much more active than this board. (I'm just 'stopping by' myself.)

Some facts to remember - Healthy fertile couples in their mid-20's have just a 25% chance of getting pregnant in a given cycle. Depending on how bad your MF may be IUI can bring you back to those levels. IUI can be very successful, but not always the first time.

Good Luck!
    Lisa Canoe Been there, done that, got the Ya-Ya Princess T-Shirt
    m/c 11/01 m/c 6/02
    M & J b. 9/12/07 * 36 weeks 1 day * Everyone home 10/9/07

ReallyReadyNow
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jordan's Mommy,

I'm also new here. Just how low is Eric's sperm count? And how long have you guys been trying to conceive?

You and I are in the same boat. My husband has low sperm count but my fertility seems to be fine. We've been trying over a year. Because I'm 34, my gynecologist thinks it's time to move onto IUI. I'd actually rather adopt -- the idea of being impregnated by a doctor creeps me out -- but adoption is so friggin' expensive that we will probably try the IUI for a few months. But we're like you when it comes to IVF -- no way can we afford it, not even once.

Hang in there! You'll find lots of people on this site who will be happy to hear about your journey.

Kris