FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Low motility

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    turalic
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Low motility

Hello, I am new to this forum but not TTC. My DH had SA and it was 21milion 63% morfology and 5%motility omly. Everything came normal but 5% on motility. He had done it at home and then had to drive it to the lab where he waited a while. My ? is if this could have been a mastake? He has a 10 year old son and had not have any prior problems. Also could IUI work too if this SA was correct. Our RE suggested IUI.

2. Advertisement

jd
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    i wonder the same thing. dh came back with normal sperm except 30% motility when i gues it should be at least 40. i wonder if anyone gets preggo with 30% because IUI is not an option for us as our insurance doesnt cover it
    we also have a 3 yr old so i wonder about mortility problems. also before his sample we hadnt had sex in a week and i heard that is too long

turalic
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess they said 3-4 days without ejaculation is the best and as far as IUI the total cost in our clinic is about $398 so that was not bad I quess. Baby Dust

MedGirly
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there, we just got back test results diagnosing my husband with low motility also. His motility rate was 30-40%, and our doctor said that it should be at at least 80%! The doctor told him to start taking Robitussin (original) cough syrup as directed on the bottle. Apparently, it thins the mucous everywhere in the body!! He said for him to take this most of the month and stop a week after ovulation and the first couple days of my period and then to start back on like day 4-5 of my cycle. I'm trying to see if Muccinex would work just as well since it has the same active ingredient (guaifenesin) and it's in pill form, not yuck cough syrup, and he only has to take it twice a day. Let me know if you hear otherwise on this! Hopefully this will help.

UmmyINSH
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    MedGirly,

Robitussin? Thinning mucous?? He said this would help with motility? We were always told 50% was considered "normal". Did he say which grade sperm they were (A or B); maybe most of them were moving forward but not quickly (grade A)???