FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
oh no, please info needed

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    jd
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

oh no, please info needed

my hubbys sa just came back and doc said everything was good except low motility of 30%. she said no clomid for me this month, the thing is that we have a dd together who is three, how come his motility is low now? any info on motility please!!!!!

2. Advertisement

P.Williams
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Heat?

He hasn't been sleeping with an electric blanket or mattress pad has he? Any heat (and you'd be surprised at what can cause heat damage) can have a big effect on an SA. Laptops are also very bad. When my DH was using the electric mattress pad last year his counts plummeted. I couldn't figure out what was wrong and then it suddenly hit me. A month later they had rebounded.

Still 30% motility isn't that bad, so I don't understand why you can't cycle. Unless his counts are very low, but you said everything else looked good, so it doesn't make sense to me. I'd ask your RE for more information. Also SA results can vary so you may want to have another to comfirm that this wasn't just a bad day. Baby Dust ~ Patti