FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
what r these nos??

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    zizzie
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Question what r these nos??

I need to pick your brains on this and i need a male perspect3ive. In Oct 04 my dh SA was low but normal with
    23 million motile sperms , 40% active forward progression, and morphology 35%. Dr said that they were low but normal. He was given Pregnyl to boost his count....well the results were shocking .....
    5.4 million sperms, 15% active forward progression, 55% abnormal.
    Well we do a repeat and...
    5.8 million ,25% active, for progression, 70%abnormal so we stop pregnyl. In the meantime he does an inguinal hernia op, plus 3 other hernia repairs. We do another SA 2 mths after op and results are even worse...
    8.5million sperms, 10% active forward prog, 80% abnormal.

What is going on here? in a matter of 10 mths his SA worsened. No blood tests taken to check hormone levels. I am scared something is wrong.

I am also worried these last nos are not even good for ICSI...can someone please enlighten me????

2. Advertisement

infertile_frog
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't had any experience with pregnyl but DH also had an inguinal hernia repair last year and his count is low too. My RE said the hernia would not affect his sperm count, but who knows.

Tnatural
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not clear on your concern with ICSI. In that procedure they are picking out one sperm to fertilize the embryo, by hitting it thereby immobilizing the tail, and injecting it into the Embryo. His numbers don't matter at that point.

SA' results vary from month to month, year to year. Not even the leading urologist will probably be able to tell you why the numbers are where they are or why they changed.

T

zizzie
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for your responses.

My dr did have to call the surgeon to make sure that in the 2nd repair his vas defrens is absoluetly untouched and to leave a layer of fat. In teh 1st one we did when living abraod so god knows.

T - i am concerned as if the no of motile sperms decreae to 0% there is a problem as from i have been reading non motile sperms are damaged or dead. I shall have totake each day as it comes i guess.

We insisted on getting blood tests done so we'll se.

Zizzie

kasey g
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My husband had similiar #'s and what worked for us was clomid for HIM (25mg everyday) and weekly IM testosterone injections. It took 3 months to see improvement. But, it did work. Good luck!

Kasey