FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
experience with Proxeed?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mf
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

experience with Proxeed?

Has anyone used Proxeed for low count/motility??? My DH's urologist says he's apparently healthy & that's all he can recommend for us... But it is SOOOO expensive! Any good or bad stories??

2. Advertisement

Lessum
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought the "key" ingredients in Proxeed at GNC. The "key" ingredients are L-Carnitine and Acetyl L-Carnitine. I wasn't about to spend that kind of money either. I think I spent about $60 which is a 2 month supply for him to take 1000mg of the L-Carnitine and 500mg of the Acetyl L-Carnitine a day. The Prxoeed dose is twice a day, but I also bought him Fertility Blend. He started taking it all yesterday so I can't say if it works yet, but I have heard good things from others.

Good luck!
    Leslie

Britany
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I had my husband taking it for about 4 months and nothing happened so don't waste your money!

Tnatural
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Herbs, Vitamins, Amino-Acids, and anti-oxidents work for some people and there are the majority (like me) that see no improvement. It is worth trying for 3-6 months to see if there is an improvement. Anything is worth trying over IVF and the Doctors that push you toward it every single case.
    T

jhp1421
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Did nothing for my DH

My husband took Proxeed through 3 IUI's, 2 IVF's and 1 FET, more than $1000 worth, and nothing, it never improved anything. He was just retested with our new RE and the numbers are the same, maybe even lower than they were when we started this insane stuff 2 years ago. That's what's so great about ICSI, they take the best of the best from the sample and use those.
    Jennifer 34 DH 33
    TRIPLETS born 6/26/06!
    34 weeks, 5 days
    Ryan 5# 1 oz. 10:13 a.m.
    Timmy 5# 10:14 a.m.
    Katie 3# 10 oz. 10:15 a.m.

Lauren2005
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Check out this one, perhaps:

http://www.fertilityblend.com/

It's not very expensive at all, and has loads of federal research backing it up...

My Dh doesn't have MF dx per se, but has counts that are low within the normal range. I have endometriosis. This is the first month he has used the Fertility Blend for Men. And, it's the first month EVER that I had a BFP!

To make a long story short, the Clomid had outrageously thinned my lining this month and we knew it couldn't be sustained if it started at all. Still, it did start! We think it's possible that the FB for Men played a role... No way to know for sure, but I wanted to mention the product as a cheaper alternative..

Baby dust to all.
    Lauren

mf
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for all your input
    DH started a cheaper version of the active ingredients in Proxeed today. I'll let you know if it makes a difference... Thanks for the info on Fertility Blend -- we may try that as well!

sandrasrey
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

supplements

we tried the various carnitine supplements previously mentioned. My doctor added emergen c. We had no improvement but are continuing because we figure it won't hurt and when your outlook is not good you try everything. $60 a month is not bad when compared to the alternative.

AmberG
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    DH and I did not notice any consistent improvement with Proxeed. DH has count, motility, and morph. issues. He was on it for almost a year and his SA went up and down.

Some of the people who claim it has helped them, say they got pregnant in just a few weeks. That doesn't even make sense, since it takes sperm 3 months to develop.

Ruby711
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad I found this thread, I was thinking about buying proxeed for dh, he's healthy, but i want higher numbers, he's on the low end of good....I think i'll try the fertility blend, it's not too bad and I think it has other vitamins

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast