FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
vitamins for male factor infertility

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tuggs
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

vitamins for male factor infertility

Does anyone know if there is a vitamin regime to help with male factor infertility? I remember reading something about this several years ago on this site but don't remember which vitamins it suggests to take. We're really hoping this helps. Thanks

2. Advertisement

CindiR
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is something called the "sperm cocktail". That recipe was poster here a long time ago-maybe someone will post again. We did not do much in way of the cocktail as I think it was really expensive. My dh took the black label Mega Men vitamins from GNC. Much cheaper than most things. I think I read about those here too.
    CindiR

ds Sam 9 years (IVF/ICSI)

dd Molly 7 years (suprise p/g)

Tuggs
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Cindi. Is the Mega Men supposed to have good results? Sounds like it worked well for you

CindiR
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, I don't know.....I just read somewhere (I think on this board) that they worked so I bought them for dh. I can't say for sure if that is why we got p/g on our own, but I don't think it hurt!
    CindiR

ds Sam 9 years (IVF/ICSI)

dd Molly 7 years (suprise p/g)

Tnatural
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello.

I have read that all of the following may improve sperm quality in some aspect. The problem is I don't think they will improve all aspects of the SA, they may not improve the counts that much, they may not improve the counts at all (depending upon what the cause of Male Factor is), and they must be taken for 3 months minimum prior to seeing any improvements.

Multi-Vitamin
    Acetyl L-Carnitine
    Selenium
    Zinc
    Vitamin C

AnnieKay33
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Tuggs

I bought my dh the mega men vit. from GNC also. It was back in December. It had everything in it that they recommend for better counts and motility. It was cheaper than that fertility blend for men. The price was good on the mega men so I went with that. We did another SA at the end of feb. which wasn't quite 3 mo. of taking the vit. and his counts didn't get any better but his motility did. I also bought extra zinc and selenium......was just told that this was good for counts and motility also. If you have any questions let me know. -Annie
    Me 27 DH 28
    ttc 1 1/2 yrs
    DH-low ct & mot.
    Me-Ok
    IUI #1- Mar/05-BFN
    IUI #2- 4/15/05-50mgs clomid-BFN
    May 05 100mg clomid 50mg prog. & BMS

penny427
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a vitamin called Fertility Blend that has been on the news and supposedly has great results. They make it for men and also for women. Of course they are different but you take it for 3 months and the sperm count, morph and motility are all supposed to improve. Im sure if he has a varicocele or something it wont make a difference but otherwise it should help. You can get it at GNC and some other health stores. Good Luck!!

Tnatural
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you look up Fertility Blend on the Web you should be able to see the ingredients. You can get the vitamins, Herbs, and Amino Acids that are listed much cheaper if purchased seperately.

Tuggs
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Dh had varicocle surgery 4 years ago which improved his count but still wasn't enough to get pg without IVF. We did finally get pg after 4 IVF's and are thinking about trying again. We are in the process of another SA and we are awaiting the results. I was hoping the vitamins/herbs could help but maybe with a past varicocle I'm wishing for too much. Thanks for all your help and good luck to all of you!

Tnatural
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tuggs. I also had Varicocele surgery 6 months ago and we stopped at 2 unsucessful IVF's. Can I ask from his SA what improved and what did not after a year?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast