FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Married women TTC Reciprocal IVF style!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    has
    on bedrest in hospital
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Suppositories are better because they go right to the source the cervix and uterus whereas pio goes in your whole body and eventually gets there. The gold standard now is suppositories. I wish it was pio which is 1/10 of the cost of suppositories. I know I also felt better on suppositories because the pregnancy symptoms where real rather than caused by the pio.
    Me-36 & DH-39
    *MENTION*
    IVF&FET#1 Jan 2013 DS born
    FET#2 m/c 10 wks DD
    IVF#2&FET#3 May 2015 DD born
    FET#4 DS due date 7/14/17??
    1 female embryo remaining

2. Advertisement

jelly_beans
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    just posting with an update. the first transfer didn't take unfortunately. we were obviously pretty let down but were told that we could proceed with a natural cycle for the next try instead of a controlled cycle if we wanted. apparently all of our numbers were normal and it just didn't "stick," so they didn't think it would be a bad idea to try the natural cycle. this allowed us to do another transfer in three weeks instead of six, so we figured we'd give it a go. my partner hated the lupron (and that would've been another $400) so we were super glad she didn't have to do that. i'm wondering why they didn't let us try the natural cycle first actually. we just hit day 10 after the transfer and got the news that we have a BFP. woohoo! of course we know anything can go wrong from here but we're trying to keep our attitudes positive!
    Likes has liked this post

has
    on bedrest in hospital
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Yay that's awesome news!
    Me-36 & DH-39
    *MENTION*
    IVF&FET#1 Jan 2013 DS born
    FET#2 m/c 10 wks DD
    IVF#2&FET#3 May 2015 DD born
    FET#4 DS due date 7/14/17??
    1 female embryo remaining
    Thanks jelly_beans thanked for this post

Achebee
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife and I are starting IVF cycles now for the first time. I’m halfway through mine and my wife is about to start hers. I was on BCP for a week, then a day of low dose lupron alone, and then I’ve been on (per day) two micro doses of lupron, 300mg follistim, 1 vial of menopur. Next ultrasound is in a couple days. Fingers crossed. My hormone levels and follicle count was a bit better than average in our consultation appointment— for my age. I’m 43. My wife is 40. We’re both going through the egg retrieval and fertilization process in hopes that between the two of us we get at least a couple viable embryos which my wife will likely carry. I know the stats for 40+, we are both realistic about it all but we are still hoping for the best.
    Likes jelly_beans liked this post

jelly_beans
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Achebee View Post
    My wife and I are starting IVF cycles now for the first time. I’m halfway through mine and my wife is about to start hers. I was on BCP for a week, then a day of low dose lupron alone, and then I’ve been on (per day) two micro doses of lupron, 300mg follistim, 1 vial of menopur. Next ultrasound is in a couple days. Fingers crossed. My hormone levels and follicle count was a bit better than average in our consultation appointment— for my age. I’m 43. My wife is 40. We’re both going through the egg retrieval and fertilization process in hopes that between the two of us we get at least a couple viable embryos which my wife will likely carry. I know the stats for 40+, we are both realistic about it all but we are still hoping for the best.
    Hi! Gosh I was so stressed during my partner's pregnancy that I didn't even feel like I could come here to share updates or look at others. But our lil nugget was born on 2/23

That totally makes sense for both of you to do the retrieval process. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you! I have a friend who is 49 and wants to try for an IVF cycle. She also has good numbers for her age, so who knows! I hate how all the docs make you think that once you turn 35, it's all over. Interestingly enough, though, because of my partner's "advanced maternal age," even though the pregnancy was pretty smooth, we had an extra ultrasound at 37 weeks that showed she had polyhydramnios - too much amniotic fluid. We had hoped to deliver at a birth center, and the polyhydramnios ruled that out. Because there was all the extra fluid, our baby kept flipping in utero. Ultimately, we went to the hospital for an induction, but the baby was breach. They did a version (aka THREE doctors pushing on different parts of them to flip him to be head down), which was successful, but two hours later when they went to check on him, he had flipped back to breach. They did *another* version, and then immediately broke her water so that he'd stay down. She labored for about 16 hours but the baby's heart rate kept dipping with every contraction, so they suggested a c section. During surgery, the baby flipped *yet again* so they had to make the incision bigger to get him out. The cord was wrapped around their neck 3 times and once more around his armpit :-O but everybody made it out okay, and we're at home with our healthy lil 8 week old.

I can't believe that everybody who has tried to have a baby has gone through some form of this stressful craziness! I'm not typically a super anxious person, so it was all pretty unfamiliar to me. Once some more time passes, hopefully I'll be able to think of that time more fondly.

Also not sure if you already know about this, but there's a fairly new group on facebook called the Queer Parents Network. Lots of folks that already have kids but also plenty of people talking about their TTC experiences.

Patient-One
    LET THE JOURNEY CONTINUE!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    Quote Originally Posted by jelly_beans View Post
    Hi! Gosh I was so stressed during my partner's pregnancy that I didn't even feel like I could come here to share updates or look at others. But our lil nugget was born on 2/23

That totally makes sense for both of you to do the retrieval process. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you! I have a friend who is 49 and wants to try for an IVF cycle. She also has good numbers for her age, so who knows! I hate how all the docs make you think that once you turn 35, it's all over. Interestingly enough, though, because of my partner's "advanced maternal age," even though the pregnancy was pretty smooth, we had an extra ultrasound at 37 weeks that showed she had polyhydramnios - too much amniotic fluid. We had hoped to deliver at a birth center, and the polyhydramnios ruled that out. Because there was all the extra fluid, our baby kept flipping in utero. Ultimately, we went to the hospital for an induction, but the baby was breach. They did a version (aka THREE doctors pushing on different parts of them to flip him to be head down), which was successful, but two hours later when they went to check on him, he had flipped back to breach. They did *another* version, and then immediately broke her water so that he'd stay down. She labored for about 16 hours but the baby's heart rate kept dipping with every contraction, so they suggested a c section. During surgery, the baby flipped *yet again* so they had to make the incision bigger to get him out. The cord was wrapped around their neck 3 times and once more around his armpit :-O but everybody made it out okay, and we're at home with our healthy lil 8 week old.

I can't believe that everybody who has tried to have a baby has gone through some form of this stressful craziness! I'm not typically a super anxious person, so it was all pretty unfamiliar to me. Once some more time passes, hopefully I'll be able to think of that time more fondly.

Also not sure if you already know about this, but there's a fairly new group on facebook called the Queer Parents Network. Lots of folks that already have kids but also plenty of people talking about their TTC experiences.
    Congrats on your newborn who is a birthday twin to my daughter also born on 2/23. My story is no where similar to yours. I've been lurking when I breastfeed at night. Only other similarity I also had a c-section that was scheduled (37weeks). I had a US at 32 to check if I had too much fluid or a big baby, it was a big baby. Had to get cut a little furthur to the right or left to remove her as my uterus was sticking to my belly due to prior csection and fibroids surgery.

The best wishes to your family.
    ME - 38, DH - 45
    IVF - 01/12, ER - 06 Feb, ET - 09 Feb
    BETA #1 - 80.3 (12dp3dt), #2 - 183.6 (15dp3dt) - b/g twins
    Ruptured Membrane 06/16/12 - Maximus
    Born at 23 weeks 03 July 12 - 23 July 12 - Anaya
    FET - March 2014 - BFN
    IVF 2 - 08/2015, ER - 13 Aug, ET 18 Aug
    BETA #1 - 84 (9dp5dt), #2 - 225 (11dp5dt), #3 - 1303 (15dp5dt) - 4/15/16
    FET2 - around 26 Jun 17

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12