FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Anyone started nesting?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    kathyd
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone started nesting?

Ok...just call me BIG BIRD!

I am nesting sooooooo BIG TIME! Today I cleaned out drawers in our bathroom as well as packed up all of Gracie's too small clothes and organized all of her drawers. I mentioned to DG that he only uses about half (at best) of the clothes in his closet, and he should really clean that old stuff out. He told me to go nest in my own corner!

I also unpacked all of the old baby boxes and washed everything that we can re-use. All of this on 3 hours of sleep!

I also bought a new cosmetics bag for the hosptial which I packed today. I just need to finish packing the bag.

Oh my GAWD....this is starting to feel so real!!!

your friend....chester the nester! (AKA, Kath)
    me 36 DH 33
    m/c 12-7-01
    m/c 3-22-02
    DD Grace 5/9/03
    m/c 3-22-04 :angel
    DS Ryan 5/12/05

2. Advertisement

missyk
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    LOL Kathy! You crack me up girl. I go through periods of nesting. I am really into it for awhile and then i HIT a brick wall and dont feel like doing ANYTHING else. I still need to get a new dresser for Kaelyns new room. The one she has is one of those real skinny ones about half the size of a normal dresser and she has SOOO many clothes. I did get some of them outta there but still she has way to many! I dont think i will go as far as cleaning out my closet. he he. Can you believe that some of us are IN the month we are going to have our babies. Only 29 more days until my section.
    Missyk
    Mommy to Kaelyn 11/22/2002--My little sweetie!
    My Wild mamma!--Carlee Grace 05/31/05

homeschoolmom
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm nesting too! I cleaned out my kid's rooms Friday and have been all over my sloppy 12 yr. old to keep things picked up! Oh, the teenage age years are upon me! I have the carseat ready to go and bought my new stroller yesterday. Dh is going to put the crib together Saturday and I have the bedding all ready to go! I've been cleaning out cabinets slowly and cleaning in corners I probably haven't cleaned since I was pg with Leah! I actually love this stage, because it means the baby will be here soon and my house gets it's spring cleaning! LOL!

Michelle

suzq515
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kathy, you are too funny!!!!

Yesterday poor Dh got an ear full about how turned upside down our house is right now!!! We are in the process of redoing 2 rooms, one for the baby and the guest room. I can't stand the disorganization anymore!!!! So while I was at church, yesterday, he cleaned the entire first floor except for our bedroom. He even dusted!!!! I was shocked.

As for me, I haven't stopped doing laundry in weeks. I was up at 4 a.m. yesterday doing laundry. I just couldn't stay in bed any longer because I was soooooooo uncomfortable.

Sue
    ME-31/ DH-30
    Furbaby- Lulu 6
    born 5/28/05

3 grueling years of IVF for a beautiful bundle of joy!!!

KT*
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Go nesters!!!!!!!! Wish I had the enery, I"m just so darn tired!! Well you girls inspire me, I'm gonna have to get up off my arse now and do something, LOL. Take care all
    KT
    Kerry(KT)
    Mom to Kyle 16yo
    Dustin 13yo
    Shaeley 3yo(FET #1 Shaeley born 4/18/02)
    IVF/TESE/ICSI/FET
    Cavan 5/24/05(FET#2 (9 "arrested" 5d embies transferred, advised to discard them all, "discarded" them in my uterus,one took!!)

casey
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nesting??? Who me??? I've actually been in a full on FRENZY!

Closets - all were redone 2 weeks ago by California Closets - over 17 bags of items donated to charity...hauler called for the rest.

Window treatments - all wooden shades have been replaced by shutters (19 windows)
    Today my drape guy is finally bringing my silk drapes for the dining room so they match my living room. Downstairs drapes - upstairs shutters

BEdding - All bedding/comforters have been replaced within the last month - girls cribs taken down and replaced with toddler beds - called hauler - new crib for baby

Plumbing - probably unneccasrily bought a new water heater and replaced five toilets (seemed like it needed to be done because two of them kept running)

Walls - Put up Wallies in girls room and nursery. Rest of the house painted in Feb.

Outside - Exterior of house painted - all hardscape redone - new patio furniture -called hauler

EVery junk drawer is fully organized and so are both of our computer desks as well as our entertainment center.

The list is endless - since getting pg this time we have redone our kitchen, all of our floors and master and guest baths. Also have changed all interior light fixtures. Basically we've spent SO MUCH MONEY!!!
    Seriously I have called the hauler like 4 times in the last two weeks!! And I've never been a pack rat - it's just that once I get a little pile in the garage - I need it gone!
    Oh! And I keep washing my girls toys. MY husband walks into the kitchen and I've got both sinks full of toys soaking - stuffed animals all over the laundry room.
    I'm starting to think I have a problem
    Katy...SAHM to
    Madison Elizabeth 4/29/2003
    Lauren Catherine 4/29/2003
    Ella Renee 5/31/2005

casey
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kathy - Are you having a party for GRace? We had their party Sat with about 40 people here (thank goodness it didn't rain).
    Anyway...get ready for an onslaught of new toys to find a place for
    OF course, my hauler guy was here again this morning taking away empty boxes and bags of old toys.
    Have fun if you are planning a party!
    Katy...SAHM to
    Madison Elizabeth 4/29/2003
    Lauren Catherine 4/29/2003
    Ella Renee 5/31/2005

katywall
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Totally nesting here also, even though I have 7 more weeks to go; getting babe's room ready; cleaning closets; if only I get get DH on board; sigh.
    Katy
    dh 34

EDD 6/20/04

ScrappyCat
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Nesting totally going on over here...although DH would call it "Freaking Out on Him"!! I'm such a "step" person...this has to be done before that, etc. Right now I'm working on my bedroom so that we can take the bassinet out of the crib (yes, it's sitting in the crib!!) and put the bassinet in our room, then I can work on Tori's room...finish painting, put the bedding on, etc!

Feels like it NEVER ends!
    Lisa

Visit our family: www.casadefoster.blogspot.com

Wyatt 6-9-08
    Tori 6-21-05
    Wesley 3-22-98

grainne
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep its goin' on over here too. Today as a Mother's day present I talked Michael into changing furniture around for me. When not pregnant I am always at it. What is it with men, they cant seem to apreciate the joy in doing that. It creates a whole new perspective. I have been asking him for a few weeks and he wouldnt do it. He is now sitting in his new corner reading the newspaper and has just thanked me and told me I did a good thing. Maybe its just me but I love changing things around. As far as cleaning, I am just too tired. I am waiting for the big burst of energy I hear comes towards the end.

Grainne
    Me 46, TCC # 1 for 7 years.
    1st DE IVF 10/01/04 BFP,
    1st Beta 10/13/04 278, 2nd Beta 10/15/04 947