FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
How about some nursery pics!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ScrappyCat
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

How about some nursery pics!

I actually started painting the baby's room today...and all I can say is OH MY GOODNESS what was I thinking???

Let me explain...I have chair rail in the baby's room so I thought I'd start with the bottom part and do all of that before moving on to the top part...well, all I can say is YIKES!!!!

The paint I absolutely fell in love with turns out to be PEPTO BISMOL pink.....ack! SO....going to need to paint the top another color. I was thinking a light sage green. Her pattern has a ton of different shades of pink as well as some green and beiges in it. I had a friend re-upholster my glider rocker (was corderoy blue from ds) and she used a pink with some green piping and put a precious sage green bow in the middle...you just have to see!

Anyway...I'm no where near sharing pics of my nursery but I would LOVE to see yours! My furniture isn't even here yet!!! Hopefully soon though...that's why I've started painting!!!

So....share, share, share!!

Lisa

2. Advertisement

suzq515
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are in nursery HELL right now. We hired a contractor to plaster our walls!!! Well he didn't finish and the walls aren't done and we don't know when he'll be back and Dh paid him in full already so he probably won't be coming back. Go figure. I leave Dh in charge for one afternoon and everything falls apart. So with the baby arriving in just a few weeks, we are both just a LITTLE STRESSED

Anyway, I too would love to see how your nurseries are coming out!!!

Sue
    ME-31/ DH-30
    Furbaby- Lulu 6
    born 5/28/05

3 grueling years of IVF for a beautiful bundle of joy!!!

missyk
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    We are just using the nursery we had for Kaelyn and we moved her to a bigger room and redid her room. The baby will take over her old room. IT is pretty neutral to a boy or a girl, it is noahs ark. Since we dont know what we are having that worked out best for us. HOWEVER we have YET to get Kaelyn to sleep in her big girl room and bed. UGGG.. Sue, that is terrible! I am sorry that happened to you guys!
    Missyk
    Mommy to Kaelyn 11/22/2002--My little sweetie!
    My Wild mamma!--Carlee Grace 05/31/05

kathyd
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Sue....that so sucks! We hired a painter to do the base colors, then I added the stencil stars and the prayer. I am so sorry you are in nursery HELL! Just remember that the baby really doesn't sleep in there much in the beginning....so it's not the end of the world if it's not totally finished.

Lisa, that EXACT same thing happened when we painted Gracie's room 2 years ago. The first coat...that even went of the ceiling turned out to be taxi cab yellow. It looked like a soft brightish yellow in Home Depot....but on the walls....eeek! It was SOOOO bad we had to Kiltz it and repaint the whole thing! That's a bad deal when you are pregnant! Fumes are not good for you and the baby! Hang in there....you'll get the right color!

I'm attaching a couple new pictures of Ryan's room. We added a prayer and some stars on the wall. We still need to add some shelves and stuff, but for the most part we are done!

Kath
    me 36 DH 33
    m/c 12-7-01
    m/c 3-22-02
    DD Grace 5/9/03
    m/c 3-22-04 :angel
    DS Ryan 5/12/05

ScrappyCat
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    kathy it is beautiful! i love the prayer and may just have to copy you! of course, i need to finish to be sure i have wall space!
    Lisa

Visit our family: www.casadefoster.blogspot.com

Wyatt 6-9-08
    Tori 6-21-05
    Wesley 3-22-98