FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Great Article...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ScrappyCat
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Great Article...

If you haven't bought May's Good Housekeeping, I'd highly recommend it...in it Brooke Sheilds talks about her struggle with infertility and then postpartum depression.

I just sat in a state of shock as I read it. Definitely worth the $2.95 or whatever it costs!

Lisa

2. Advertisement

casey
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually considered writing into them to tell them what an honest article this was. The real post partum is so rarely talked about and it needs to be!! It's not what you think...I thought it just meant you were depressed but then I started having weird thoughts and I thought I was going crazy. And I was too scared to tell anyone because I thought they would take my girls away from me.
    After I read the first article I thought it was really weak...then I turned to the "BRookes Darkest Days" and like I said, I really appreciated her honesty.
    Katy...SAHM to
    Madison Elizabeth 4/29/2003
    Lauren Catherine 4/29/2003
    Ella Renee 5/31/2005

ScrappyCat
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    No kidding...And, that was just a glimpse, I'm sure of her book...I can only imagine what else she has to share...

You are so right though...living in Houston, you hear PPD and you think of Andrea Yates, the mom who drowned all her kids...I think that is the extreme version...I think we need to talk about the other...the lonliness and thoughts, etc.

Thanks for your input!

Lisa

grainne
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for recommending that, Lisa.

I read it yesterday and I was gripped by her honesty and her simple description of what sounds like feelings that could happening to anyone or everyone. Quite and eye opener.
    What really grabbed me was her telling how her carpal tunnel prevented her from being able to change her baby's diaper. I have been thinking that if this doesnt go away as soon as my baby is born, I will definitely have problems with stuff like that. My hands are so swollen in the mornings, that I cant even butter toast. I really hope this resolves itself before then.

Grainne
    Me 46, TCC # 1 for 7 years.
    1st DE IVF 10/01/04 BFP,
    1st Beta 10/13/04 278, 2nd Beta 10/15/04 947