FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
No sleep

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    grainne
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

No sleep

Holy snoozolies!!!!

Its been around a month now since I have had a decent night's sleep. My carpal tunnel is at its worst at night but I have a feeling its not only that. I would be up to pee a few times anyway and I just cant get comfortable. I had been trying to not nap during the day so as to save up for night time. But I was reading this morning that its ok to nap any time. Your sleep pattern is changed now anyway in prep for when baby is here and you should grab a nap any time you can. Thank God, cause I am absolutely KNACKERED!!!!!!!!!!
    All the pillows on the planet are not doing it for me and sometimes the only comfort I can find is sitting up. I also read that your couch or an armchair might be more comfortable. I dont want to leave my bed though. I am just so in love with snuggling up to Michael so he can feel baby moving around.
    Another thing is that I am reading that aorund now that there is less room in there for movement. Not at this end. I am jumping in fright at the size of the movements. I sometimes even catch myself grabbing on to something to brace myself for them. I even asked Michael the other day if its possible that you could get bruised from the kicks. I am NOT complaining. I love it but it was just a thought.
    Anyway I am thrilled that I will now be allowing daytime naps and in fact I think I'll have a little one right now.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Me 46, TCC # 1 for 7 years.
    1st DE IVF 10/01/04 BFP,
    1st Beta 10/13/04 278, 2nd Beta 10/15/04 947

2. Advertisement

homeschoolmom
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Grainne~

I so sorry for your sleep troubles! This is a very common side effect from pregnancy! No fun...I know! Are you using regular pillows or a pregnancy pillow? I was using regular pillows and having a terrible time sleeping and struggling with my carpal tunnel. I caved and paid the price for a pregnancy pillow and it has really helped with both sleeping and my carpal tunnel! If I lay down with my arm up on the pillow too, it has made a difference. I still will wake up to my hands being numb, but they don't hurt so much.
    This WILL end very soon! Although the nightly feedings will start!

Michelle

missyk
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I hear ya on the no sleep thing sister~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I havent gotten a good night sleep in i dont know how long. I have insomnia so bad and i am so tired that there are nights that i actually want to cry from being so tired and not being able to sleep. I toss and turn all night long, My sciatic nerve hurts, my hip hurts, so i turn on to the other side and then that one hurts.. Its a never ending cycle! Then to top if off, all i can think about it that IF I DONT sleep now i NEVER will. I mean I have my two year old and she is getting in this phase that she dont want to take a nap herself. NOT a good time for this cause that means NO naps for me EVER again after the baby is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Okay, sorry this turned into my very own NON sleep vent, but just know,,, YOU are NOT alone my friend!
    But for tonight at least,,,,, i wish for you a GREAT nights sleep!
    Missyk
    Mommy to Kaelyn 11/22/2002--My little sweetie!
    My Wild mamma!--Carlee Grace 05/31/05

suzq515
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am with you on that one too. I have not slept in months. Between not being able to get comfortable, not being able to breathe, and having to pee every hour on the hour . . . I am a walking ZOMBIE!!!!!

I wish I had time to nap during the day. Hey, maybe I can start nap time at school. Second graders need to rest for 30 minutes right???????

Sue
    ME-31/ DH-30
    Furbaby- Lulu 6
    born 5/28/05

3 grueling years of IVF for a beautiful bundle of joy!!!

ScrappyCat
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Ohhh...here too! For months now I can't sleep...and turning over, I'm having to grab onto something to hoist my body over...which in turn makes me real nervous because my water broke with ds as I was turning over...I was 38 weeks with him when it happened but still, that fear comes in now, cause I remember it vividly and am so fearful it's going to happen to early with Tori.

Yep, hips hurting too! Not to mention I have to pee so much....I tried not napping during the day thinking it would help at night....nope, not a lick...so I started napping again, thinking that might be the only time I get a decent sleep cycle in, even if it's just for a bit.

I find at night, when I'm trying to sleep, my brain starts going a mile a minute...thinking about really dumb things...like we're having a pool put in and I'm lying in bed wondering about the size, etc. The drawings are already made, the contract signed etc, there is nothing I can do now, it's just useless thinking!

And, what's the worse is, I'm so tired, I'm nodding off in the office, get up get ready for bed, then it's like I'm wide awake again...5 minutes before I couldn't keep my eyes open, then once my head reaches the pillow, they won't shut!

Yes, I'm very ready for this to be over!

Lisa