FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Ice-cream ???????

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    grainne
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Ice-cream ???????

Well, another appointment rolls by and lo and behold I am 2 lbs heavier than 2 weeks ago. I tried so hard. But, and this is a big BUT, I have swelling in my legs and she thinks I am retaining water.......................... so what did I do today? I stuffed my face. Seriously, I went to a friends for lunch and had 2 helpings and a desert and now I'm satisifed. I have not indulged once in 2 weeks. I was thinking that I wish I had that thing Kathy has where she can only eat small meals and feels full. No such luck on this end. My appetite is HUGE. Michael has put on some sympathy weight too which he is not a bit pleased about.
    Anyways, everything else is fine. My fundal height is 35 cm, so that is 5 cms ahead but she says that is OK. My girth is still measuring on target. I laughed when I heard that. How sexy does that sound??????
    The baby movements are just blowin' me away these days. I almost jump with fright when they are really strong. I am fascinated watching it. There are some days that it get really uncomfortable, like its all elbows. How totally amazing! I have also developed a little waddle. I caught sight of myself in the grocery store window and yep its definitely started.
    The joys!!!!!

Grainne
    Last edited by grainne; 04-08-2005 at 10:49 PM.
    Me 46, TCC # 1 for 7 years.
    1st DE IVF 10/01/04 BFP,
    1st Beta 10/13/04 278, 2nd Beta 10/15/04 947

2. Advertisement

homeschoolmom
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think 2 lbs in 2 wks is just fine!! You deserved to indulge today!
    I know what you mean about the really big kicks/punches. Sometimes it moves my whole body! Don't you just love the waddle! You are officially doing 3rd trimester things! My dh always puts on sympathy weight too. My belly is larger then his now, but I think he has gained more weight!

You're doing great!
    Michelle

suzq515
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Grainne, I have to laugh. Your girth is just fine. It really does make you sound like one hot mama!!! I too gained 2 pounds in 2 weeks. We deserve to indulge once in a while. As long as we get back on target the next day or the day after that.

Sue
    ME-31/ DH-30
    Furbaby- Lulu 6
    born 5/28/05

3 grueling years of IVF for a beautiful bundle of joy!!!

Erin26
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Grainne,

It sounds like you're doing great! I know what you mean about the baby's movement too. It is so cool, but some days a little uncomfortable. And the waddle.. i just recently started that too - along with some sort of low stabing pains every now and then. Like you said.. The joys!

Erin
    Age 27, DH 27
    Cycle 6 -IVF BFP!!!! EDD 6/23
    Nathan James
    Born 5/31/05
    6lbs 10oz 19in